Complaint Review: Consumer Cellular

• Updated: Fri, March 05, 2010

• Reported By: Chiefsteve — Portland Oregon United States of America
Consumer Cellular

Consumer Cellular Sears Deceptive Advertising, Internet

*Author of original report: I disagree

*Author of original report: my mind is made up

*Consumer Comment: consumer law attorney steven sears got prompt action on account

*UPDATE Employee: Opening an Account at Consumer Cellular

I saw their ad on tv that said I needed a credit card OR a credit check and stated 100% satisfaction guaranteed. The ad said the phone was free and the service was $25 month for a month to month service with no contract.

I went to Sears and purchased the free phone for $70 ! This must have applied to activation and the first months' service. I called their number to activate my phone and they asked for personal information my credit card number was on their record. At the end they asked me if they could do a credit check. I replied NO. She said, Well, then we can't help you and hung up. I returned the phone to Sears and they charged me $12 restocking fee. When i complained that the add said 100% risk free money back, the clerk replied, well, the restocking fee is on your receipt. Yes, they are sneaky liars!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2010 07:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Cellular/internet/Consumer-Cellular-Sears-Deceptive-Advertising-Internet-575089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Cellular

I disagree

AUTHOR: Chiefsteve - (United States of America)

The cell service was advertised as pre-paid not post paid, and i paid for my service in advance !

my mind is made up

AUTHOR: Chiefsteve - (United States of America)

They are making the mistake of not taking a month advance payment. A credit check lowers your score. But my mind is made up. I also dumped Cricket because I was treated badly, much much worse than Sears. I have Magic Jack now and WiMax. I will stick with Magic Jack or Skype !!!

consumer law attorney steven sears got prompt action on account

AUTHOR: bert - (USA)

After several phone calls chief steve was a tremendous help with my consumer issues and now I love doing business with sears again.

Opening an Account at Consumer Cellular

AUTHOR: ConsumerCell - (United States of America)

Hello ChiefSteve, sorry you were unhappy with your experience. Consumer Cellular will open an account with just a credit card; however, because we are a post-paid service where all charges are billed the month after they are used, we still conduct a credit check prior to opening accounts to verify billing information and to set your credit levels.