Complaint Review: Consumer Cellular

• Submitted: Thu, December 16, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, December 16, 2010

• Reported By: markaw — Irvine California Virgin Islands (US)
Consumer Cellular

Consumer Cellular Sent phones with numbers with wrong area code, refused to change, said we had to pay full price for new phones and service if we wanted area codes that match where we live.. Internet

We paid for two cell phones from Consumer Cellular. After paying, they tell you in your confirmation e-mail that you'll find out your new phone number once your phones arrive in the mail.

Our phones arrived with Wisconsin area codes. We live in Southern California.

When I called to ask if they could change the numbers to match the area code in which we live, I was told "no", that I would have to pay for two more phones PLUS a fee for wanting "custom" phone numbers. If you're okay with a completely random area code, then I guess this isn't a problem. And that's basically what the customer service people told me, that Consumer Cellular never explicitly promised that I would get phones with area codes that match where we actually live. And so they refused to honor their "100% satisfaction" guarantee, since they never promised to give phones with area codes that match where we live.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2010 10:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Cellular/internet/Consumer-Cellular-Sent-phones-with-numbers-with-wrong-area-code-refused-to-change-said-672508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Cellular