Complaint Review: Consumer Clearing House, Readers Digest Clearing House

• Updated: Mon, September 17, 2007

• Reported By:Howell Michigan
Consumer Clearing House, Readers Digest Clearing House
Montreal, Other Canada

Consumer Clearing House, Readers Digest Clearing House Second Prize $500,000.dollar Winner needs to send retainer of $5,000. for Duty tax. Montreal Other

Howard Goldstein from Goldstein & assoc. called to let me know they had a check in my name for $5000,000. and that I was being contacted in order to pay a retainer fee for Duty Tax in the sum of 5,000. and needed to pay immediately so they could send World Wide Security out to my home within the next 48 hours. Not to tell anyone because I could become a victim of home invasion.

They would escort me to the bank for the deposit so they could assure me of my winnings, all I needed was a valid proof of identification. Sure enough they have tried to reach me 10 times after I told them I needed to share my good news with my husband and let him know that I needed to withdrawl the funds for tax. I didn't!

I got online and found the phone scam in several different locations and called every tv station and radio station to alert others. Don't get fooled- Never pay Taxes on a prize you haven't won yet.

Cici
Howell, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2007 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Clearing-House-Readers-Digest-Clearing-House/Montreal-Other/Consumer-Clearing-House-Readers-Digest-Clearing-House-Second-Prize-500000dollar-Winner-274899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Clearing House, Readers Digest Clearing House