Complaint Review: Consumer Depot

• Submitted: Thu, March 13, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, March 13, 2008

• Reported By:Listie Pennsylvania
Consumer Depot
3332 Powell Ave Nashville, Tennessee U.S.A.

Consumer Depot 2 defective items, won't honor return policy Nashville Tennessee

1st off, I purchased a Sirius Satellite Radio. It came with all the accessories. The remote control and the windshield suction cup both looked like they were used for quite some time. When I plugged in the power to the main radio unit, it would power on & off depending which way the power plug was moved. I contacted Consumer Depot about getting a replacement. After filling out their form, I received an email stating that I was to file an RMA request and I would get a refund ONLY - no replacements and no refund on shipping. I was very irritated about this -according to their return policy it states:

Replacement items will be shipped after the defective item is received and inspected by Consumer Depot's Returns Department.

I then contacted them to question this policy. They returned my message by indicating that I would "most likely" get a refund. Which does me no good, in fact I lose even more money on this deal.

I then contacted them again, to question their policy and indicate my frustration. I was then told that they did not know what the RMA dept would do until I sent the unit back -- I guess roll the dice & gamble!!

I again contacted them to inquire about how to speak directly to the RMA Dept. in which I was told that there was no way to do that.

Now I am pretty much stuck with something that is broken or pay $7 to send it back to get a refund of $15 after spending $28 (+$7 return ship) - I am going to attempt to see if Sirius will repair the unit under warranty- Wish me luck!!

2ndly, I purchased a Samsung MiniDV camcorder, Tested & working. Well, that much is true -- it does work, just places many pixelated boxes all over your recording. I guess no one said it had to work perfectly!! At this point of things, I didn't even try to deal with Consumer Depot. I filled out some things on Samsungs web site & sent it away for warranty repair. At this time I'm waiting to hear from them.

In conclusion, I am through with this company. I will tell all my friends & family to avoid this scam of a business. I think their tactics are low and deceitful. I hope they lose their lawsuit and get shut down!!!

Keith
Listie, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2008 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Depot/Nashville-Tennessee/Consumer-Depot-2-defective-items-wont-honor-return-policy-Nashville-Tennessee-317589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Depot