Complaint Review: Consumer First Financial

• Submitted: Thu, February 27, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, March 18, 2003

• Reported By:ok Oklahoma
Consumer First Financial
Champlain New York Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Consumer First Financial ripoffed disabled senior with unathorized withdrawal rip-off scam dirt bags Champlain New York & Quebec Canada

*Consumer Comment: I AM SO GLAD I CHECKED IT OUT ..who's going to be their next pray?

*Consumer Comment: what a scam ..These people have done this to me twice.

*Consumer Comment: Webpage protected, everything with no name

*Author of original report: quick math will quickly turn up a conservative figure of over $8,000,000 from Rip-off Report victims alone

*Author of original report: They are actually a boiler room scam group out of Quebec Canada

Warning....this company is a total scam. We took over the finances of my mother in law. She is on social security disablity with a total monthly income of $500. These clever scam telemarketers were able to get her checking account number and made an unauthorized withdrawal of $298. Promising a secured credit card and high limit.

Because the withdrawal started causing legitimate checks to bounce we tried to cancel immediately. Told we had to wait for package...3 weeks later package arrived. We called them...told we had to open and follow cancellation instructions.

Followed them to the "letter" and returned registered mail, next day, included a copy of Oklahoma's Consumer Protection Laws which they had violated every one. Checked weekly...told it was in process....First claimed they didn't recieve package...reminded them it was signed for and we had receipt....then claimed we didn't include a reason...reminded them they had a notorized letter in their signed for package....then they claimed they had to investigate to determine who authorized.

Had the bank president call them ....told him they would return fee in 7 days...totally BS...been additional two weeks. Now they want a power of attorney....

we faxed....under investigation again.We call daily to harass....no hope of getting money back... Trying asking for a managers name...against policy....did a little research...not out of NY afterall....a quebec, canada scam.... (look up 450 area code where faxes go!)

I think I have found at least one of the supervisors name and home phone number....if it checks out I will post it on internet so others can help call him at home.

No business listing in Canada or US for Consumer First Financial

These guys are TOTAL SCUM!!! If they are your money best hope is revenge. I know of no one that has got any money back...

Best you can do is to get some revenge...tie up thier 800 lines...spread the news...

Steven
oklahoma city, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2003 06:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-First-Financial/Champlain-New-York/Consumer-First-Financial-ripoffed-disabled-senior-with-unathorized-withdrawal-rip-off-scam-47162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer First Financial

AUTHOR: Tina - (U.S.A.)

I am a single mother and i recived this letter from consumer first and it sounded to good to be true. I am off work today and thought i'd look up this consumer first and see what i could find. OH MY GOD am i glad i looked it up. $49.00 does not sound like alot of money but it is when $49.00 could buy a prescription for one of my kids or or even milk,bread and eggs for breakfast. I am so glad that i was able to see that this is a scam and thank you to all who have had the courage to try to get even with those SCUM BAGS. I wish you al luck and thank you for posting what you have found. My question is: who's going to be their next pray?

AUTHOR: Tina - (U.S.A.)

what a scam ..These people have done this to me twice.

AUTHOR: Tina - (U.S.A.)

At one time there name was AMERICAN GOLD out of Old Tappan, NJ and it cost me $200.00 for there magazin that was suppose to be a credit card. And now it has cost me $49.00. for COMSUMER FIRST out of Tampa FL.It Realy makes it hard to beleave anyone these days.

I just called them 3/14/03 and I got a woman that told me to go on there web site that says (not found).However she told me that I was to call them back if I was not happy and they would send me my money back HA! HA! That will be the day.

The number I called was(813)879-4752 If anyone would like to call them and see what you get.I don't know the first clue as to how to get my money back or to get them. I have no 800 # However I do know What goes around comes around and we will have the last laugh.

THANK YOU!

Webpage protected, everything with no name

AUTHOR: Marcin - (U.S.A.)

I also tracked webpage and hostning services, it is possible to get name ofregistrant, they should have them in record or at least hosting company! They are all made as private / proxy records, no names, no contacts. FBI should take care of this problem, we may have not enough power. Steve please post what you found.

thank you - Martin, CT (victim of Credit First)

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

Well its the first of the month (march) and as might be expected they have closed their 800 number with no additional information or forwarding numbers. At this point if you have lost money, I recommend you follow whatever advice this web page service offers. You might also consider filing a report with the US Postal Service, FBI or IRS....all willing to investigate.

By my accounts these scum bags have ripped off millions of dollars and I don't know of a single instance where any one has gotten their money back or a product in return. IF you do the simple math and assume there are basically 800 complaints filed against them on RIPPOFF.COM. .. then figure the average rippoff is $100 (some are for $49 some for $298). Then assume that since they prey on the elderly and poor (most don't even have access to a computer) and of all the people that have been ripped off what percentage actually stumbled on this web page AND bothered to file a report??? My guess is it is one in 1000.

That quick math will quickly turn up a figure of over $8,000,000 and I think that is conservative. IF your pissed off....file a fraud complaint with every agency you can think of including in Canada. Try a government organization call PHONE BUSTERS 1-888-495-8501. There has to be a paper trail back to these crooks!.

GOOD LUCK....EVENTUALLY WE WILL TRACK THESE GUYS DOWN.

They are actually a boiler room scam group out of Quebec Canada

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

Spent a lot of time investigating this scum bag company called CONSUMER FIRST FINANCIAL. They are not based in NYC at all as they claim. A little additional research will show them as only a PO Box in NY. No legitimate business listing or phone number. They are actually a boiler room scam group out of Quebec, CN. (You will not be able to find a legitimate business listing in Canada either) They are not returning any money to anyone.

The orginal ACH (Automated Clearing House) used in Dec and Jan to transfer funds now claims they (the ACH) is out of business and no longer does business with Consumer First Financial due to these type of issues. Call their 800-621-4905 ASK for DUANE THOMPSON. He supposedly is a supervisor. BE a Jerk....don't cut them any slack. Don't worry about being polite and professional, these are crooks... they are laughing at you behind your back as they stall you for time until they move on and change names.

Give the number to everyone you know and ask them to call on your behalf to ask for your money. Be Firm....remember you are not dealing with a business but rather boiler room crooks. At the very minimum you can tie up their 800 numbers which cost them "cents per minute".... Call their fax line "450-635-2656" Jam it with crap.....Your not likely to get any money back....all your going to get is revenge. Try to get your state Attorney General interested in prosecuting...Get a small claims judgement..but good luck trying to serve it or collect it in Canada.....

The Oklahoma Attorney General did give me a number in Canada that suppossedly handles these types of Consumer Fraud Cases...you can try that route 1-888-495-8501 perhaps they can help....

Hurry ....this company will soon change names and reopen as a slightly different company and continue to scam the people that can afford it most....The majority don't even have access to a computer...they are the silent victims. Stay on them!!