Complaint Review: Consumer First Platinum Card from Mr. Robert Stevens, Tampa Florida

• Submitted: Mon, December 09, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, December 09, 2002

• Reported By:Gaylord Michigan
Consumer First Platinum Card from Mr. Robert Stevens, Tampa Florida
P.O. Box 15386 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Consumer First Platinum Card from Mr. Robert Stevens, Tampa Florida ripoff deceptive company Tampa Florida

Yesterday, I received an offer from CONSUMER FIRST for a PLATINUM CARD with a guaranteed credit line of $5000.00 dollars and 0% APR the 1st 12 months.

I only needed to sign the form, send $45.00 dollars for processing and delivery, and return it to them.

From the start this offer just did,nt seem right. To begin with, it failed to state what type of card I would be getting, VISA, MASTERCARD, ect.. ect.. Also the third paragraph stood right out. YOU MAY USE YOUR PLATINUM CARD IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIPT FOR ALL PURCHASES FROM "CREDIT PROVIDER."

They said the details for membership terms will be included with the new PLATINUM CARD. Most legit card companys will include the terms for membership with the application right at the beginning. So this was a give away that this company was underhanded. Also, no STREET ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, or E-MAIL ADDRESS. This all added up in my mind to FRAUD, plain and simple. A scam to bilk the reader for either $45.00 or $49.00 dollars is their plan.

I'm happy to say they will not get my money.

Then today I receive another offer in the mail for a credit card with a $4000.00 dollar limit on it. All I had to do was call this 800 number to use the card. Well I called just for the hell of it, to see what would happen. They wanted my address, phone number, ss number, and you guessed it, my checking account number. I told the guy on the phone, who was listening to rap music, because I could hear it in the background, nice try but you won't get me today and hung up.

PEOPLE, REMEMBER, if it sounds to good to be true, IT IS....

Larry
Gaylord, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2002 09:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-First-Platinum-Card-from-Mr-Robert-Stevens-Tampa-Florida/Tampa-Florida-33684-5386/Consumer-First-Platinum-Card-from-Mr-Robert-Stevens-Tampa-Florida-ripoff-deceptive-com-37722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer First Platinum Card from Mr. Robert Stevens, Tampa Florida