Complaint Review: Consumer First, Tampa Florida

• Submitted: Sun, March 16, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, March 16, 2003

• Reported By:Sagianw Michigan
Consumer First, Tampa Florida
P.O. Box 15386 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Consumer First, unclear credit card offer. Found out I can only buy things out of their book of junk merchandise. Taken advantaged of in Tampa Florida

Consumer First sent me a letter saying I was guaranteed 5,000 credit limit, Visa or Mastercard. Thinking it was a credit card, I sent in 49.00, rush delivery, (it took over a month to get to me.) My only income is 515.00 a month which is a disability check and I spent the 49.00 because it sounded so real.

Come to find out a month later, I have to buy things out of their book of merchandise. That is all the card is worth. And a person has to send 35% plus shipping of the total cost you order and they put the rest of the amount on the card. Even worse, the catalog of theirs if full of junk that I can mainly get at dollar stores, However, their prices are really, really outrageous.

I immedietly called them. They do not have a toll free number, and they put me on hold twice. I waited on hold for about 10 minutes. When finally helped, I told the lady I remember reading that there is a 30 day money back guarantee and I want my money back.

After 5 minutes of asking me why, and trying to get me to keep the card, I finally said in a loud voice, "No, I just want my money back." She said, "We have to send the whole catalog and everything back to them, and they will refund the money." What a joke, now I have to use more of my 515.00 a month income to send a catalog and stuff back to them....

Sagianw, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2003 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-First-Tampa-Florida/Tampa-Florida-33884/Consumer-First-unclear-credit-card-offer-Found-out-I-can-only-buy-things-out-of-their-b-49435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer First, Tampa Florida