Complaint Review: Consumer First

• Submitted: Mon, April 21, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, April 21, 2003

• Reported By:Yuma Arizona
Consumer First
Po Box 3374 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Consumer First Financial ripoff abused & mistreated ripoff liars Champlain New York

I was contacted via cell phone September 2002 to apply for a credit card at the time I was going to school, and had a steady income. And authorized them to withdraw $249 from my account. I found out I need surgery. Called Customer Service and cancelled the authorization.

Well after my surgery my husband calls me & asked why I bought a $249 phone. I didn't know what he was talking about. Called the bank, was told who to contact.
Its Consumer First Financial.

Called them, asked to speak to a supervisor. He said that it was a computer error, and the salesperson saved the sale. So the money got taken out of my account. I told him that I cancelled it. He just told me that when I receive a package in the mail to send it back.

When I received the package in Nov. I wrote Return to sender to the postal carrier. I called them and told them that it took along time for them to send it to me. She told me to write a letter. So I sent the letter as well.

I called back in December and was told that I didn't follow the protocal to get my money back, So I asked to speak to a supervisor. He told me that I would get the money refunded in my account in 7-30 days. I called back last month. They decided that we make enough money, and can afford a credit card. That they will send me out some credit card applications. That day I just found out that they don't have credit cards, but they send application to you to get one. I have not received anything, not even an application. I have tried calling back in the last couple weeks, the phone number is disconnected. I got on this website to see if there was a contact number.

They stole $249 out of my account, I want it back.
Last time I heard cancelled means that you don't want the service anymore. I haven't received any kind of service from this company except grief. The customer service reps are rude and liars.

I have an appointment with an attorney. and I will be calling the Better Business Bureau on this company. My question is do companies have any ethics, anymore. I have waited this long for the company to do the right thing, they haven't. I'm pissed off, and I will get my money back.

Jennifer
Yuma, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2003 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-First/Champlain-New-York-12919-3374/Consumer-First-Financial-ripoff-abused-mistreated-ripoff-liars-Champlain-New-York-53812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer First