Complaint Review: Consumer Gain

• Submitted: Tue, March 28, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, April 20, 2006

• Reported By:Owensville Indiana
Consumer Gain
204 E. 2nd Street San Mateo, California U.S.A.

ConsumerGain ripoff San Mateo California

*Author of original report: Rip off report

*UPDATE Employee: Many of our members have all 6 offers posted within days of signing up!

I began participating in the ConsumerGain Rewards Program early October 2005. I completed all 6 offers at the same time and, according to MetaRewards confirmation website, they were all confirmed as of 11/3/05. I have had minimal responses to my email requests to ConsumerGain inquiring about the reason for delay of posting of my sixth offer confirmation and they have asked for welcome emails (I sent immediately, statements (also sent the same day they requested), and copy of documents snail mailed (which I have also complied with).

Last night I finally received a response to the numerous emails I have sent since February (which was when they said the redemption link would be posted no later than that Friday) and they stated again-they have not had any confirmation of completion. I am now in the process of contacting every website and BBB I can to report their failure to provide the item their program advertised for at the onset.

I think it is terrible to have to go to these lengths in order to get someone or some company to provide quality truthful service.

Catherine
Owensville, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2006 04:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Gain/San-Mateo-California/ConsumerGain-ripoff-San-Mateo-California-183779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Gain

Rip off report

AUTHOR: Catherine - (U.S.A.)

I have now received credit for all 6 items. My gift is now "processing" according to the latest posting. I have never before or since participated in any other online offer and resent the fact you insinuate I would not be able to coordinate my personal affairs and monitor my correspondence. I still am not sure why the whole matter was so impossible to get rectified when I went out of my way to send confirming emails from the company in question, hard copy confirmations via snail mail, and many, many attempts to inform you of the delays on your own website prior to reporting to other websites such as this.I will be more than happy to report completion of the process once I receive the item. According to the update on my account this is likely to take an additional 4-6 weeks.

Many of our members have all 6 offers posted within days of signing up!

AUTHOR: Irene - (U.S.A.)

First, I would like to apologize that this has carried on for this member for as long as it has. We have thousands of members who have all 6 offers required (2 from each page) reflected in their account literally DAYS from the moment they sign up through our site. The offers that get posted are automatically sent to us when they are completed. We cannot choose which offers we credit or which members should get credit for their offers or not.

When our members inform us that they are missing credit for an offer, we submit this information to a third party which connects us to the advertisers. We wait for the response as to whether or not this member qualifies for credit.

There are a few reasons why a member could be missing credit. One would be if the member changed his/her e-mail address in our site and signed up for offers with a previous e-mail address. Another reason is that many members sign up for various different sites which offer gifts, and often will confuse which site they used when signing up for that particular offer. Finally, every offer has its own requirements in order for the offer to actually get credited to the account.

Can the person who submitted this report please send us an e-mail and identify yourself with "Rip Off Report" in the subject line so that we may clarify that you have in fact completed all the necessary steps to get credit for your missing offers? We would very much like to solve this and we hope to hear from you soon.