Complaint Review: Consumer Grants USA

• Submitted: Tue, October 19, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, October 19, 2004

• Reported By:Cicero Illinois
Consumer Grants USA
PO Box 41802 St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

Consumer Grants USA Don't live up to their promise and usa delay tactics St. Petersburg Florida

I was given a guarantee by the sales person from Consumer Grants USA that the money will be deposit that following Wednesday. He and his India female supervisor told me that I could use the grant money to pay the bill. If I did not get any money deposit, that I have 10 days to cancel. This was done on Saturday in August and I have the weekend to think it over. I call on Monday to place a cancellation but they informed me that I was not in the system and will have to wait until the money will be withdrawn.

I have been calling the (800) 551-7099 three time a week to make sure my account is cancelled and issue a refund. So far, I have talk to a dozen personnel and 4 supervisors that my order is in. I follow up to see where my refund stands and they all seem unaware. By law, I am given 3 days to cancel a purchase and I meet that agreement. Now, its October and it seems I am going in circles with them. I fax the information to (727) 209-1054 like they requested and nothing about my refund. I called today October 19, only to find out same thing.

They can't find my account or there is no record of a refund. I have now mail in the information to PO Box 41802 St. Petersburg FL. Not sure what else to do, I have my phone record showing the calls I have made from the beginning and all have been the same subject matter; cancel and about my refund. The only option I got is to file a complaint with the Illinois Consumer Fraud Department.

Fernando
Cicero, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2004 05:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Grants-USA/St-Petersburg-Florida-33743/Consumer-Grants-USA-Dont-live-up-to-their-promise-and-usa-delay-tactics-St-Petersburg-Fl-113718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Grants USA