Complaint Review: Consumer Incentive Promotions, Incentive Rewards, Emarket Research Group

• Submitted: Wed, January 26, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, January 26, 2005

• Reported By:Jersey City New Jersey
Consumer Incentive Promotions, Incentive Rewards, Emarket Research Group
14545 J Military Trail #189 Delray Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Consumer Incentive Promotions, Incentive Rewards, Emarket Research Group Ripoff running scams by associating with reputable companies Delray Beach Florida

Signed up with Consumer Incentive Promotions after seeing the promotion on a reputable site that I often visit. Not advertised on banner but actually as a featured site/promotion. I was still skeptical but after reading articles on legitimate free ipod promotions I thought I'd go for it. Wish I found this site sooner. Same problem as others. Completed all 6 offers on the first day (about 3 weeks ago) and still only have credit for 5.

Rather than wait to be screwed I'm trying to act preemptively by writing to 1) the company I haven't received credit for yet and 2) the company that advertised the promotion. I informed them of what has happened with a link to this site and asked them to take corrective action against these scammers. I also made it clear that these sites have their own reputations at risk by associating with the scammers (something I'm sure they realize on their own), and that I would name them in my future complaint with the NC Attorney General's office if I didn't think they were doing anything to help.

There will always be scammers but we also have to hold companies that are in a position of trust responsible. Yes, consumers have to do their research, but these companies should be the ones performing due diligence on any other businesses they promote or associate with. After all, it is their own business at stake should something go wrong. If Microsoft bundled another company's software into Windows, and this software ended up stealing personal information off your computer, wouldn't you expect Microsoft to take some sort of corrective action?

Rob
Jersey City, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2005 07:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Incentive-Promotions-Incentive-Rewards-Emarket-Research-Group/Delray-Beach-Florida/Consumer-Incentive-Promotions-Incentive-Rewards-Emarket-Research-Group-Ripoff-running-sc-128933. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Incentive Promotions, Incentive Rewards, Emarket Research Group