Complaint Review: Consumer Incentive Promotions - NIU Tech

• Submitted: Thu, February 24, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, April 23, 2005

• Reported By:San Jose California
Consumer Incentive Promotions - NIU Tech
14545 J Military Trail #189 Delray Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Consumer Incentive Promotions, NIU Tech LLC ripoff! internet scam! Delray Beach Florida

*Author of original report: Consumer Incentive Promotions - Laptop delivered!!

*Author of original report: Success?? The BBB was WORTHLESS

*Author of original report: Update these guys offered $50

I too fell for this "too good to be true" deal - "get a free laptop!". It seems that this company is operating under several names - EMarket Research, Incentive Reward Center, Consumer Incentive Rewards, the list seems endless. They all lead, however to the same people, NIU Tech.

All I had to do was fill out a few surveys and try six products. Not too hard, and since I have SBC Yahoo I set up a new email address just for this so the spam wouldn't clog up my main email. Of note - I receive an average of 20-30 junk emails a day at this address.

I completed the six offers and five popped up as complete within days, but that last one was just hanging there. After numerous emails and snail mails with hard proof of completion, I am still waiting. The good thing is I printed everything, so I have proof of completion, if that ends up meaning anything.

At this point I have filed a copmplaint with the Florida BBB and am hopeful, since I see several people here did get satisfaction, that I may see that laptop.

David
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2005 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Incentive-Promotions-NIU-Tech/Delray-Beach-Florida-33484/Consumer-Incentive-Promotions-NIU-Tech-LLC-ripoff-internet-scam-Delray-Beach-Florida-132645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Incentive Promotions - NIU Tech

Consumer Incentive Promotions - Laptop delivered!!

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

I received the laptop yesterday via FedEx. Not the tricked out Sony Viao they used to hook me in, but rather a basic Dell Inspiron. Mind you, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth - it's pretty cool to think I get a $600 laptop out of this deal -but is was FAR FROM FREE. I figure I spend about $150 on products and about 10 hours pestering these guys to deliver. For those of you who, like me, honored the agreement and are thinking you got the big shaft - KEEP AT THEM.

I don't think it was my filing complaints with any agency that would listen - by the way, forget about the North Carolina AG's Office, I received a note the Niu Tech moved to Bocca Rattan, Fl. Nor was it working with the Florida BBB - they were pretty worthless. It was plain persistance. I emailed these guys non-stop for weeks, called every number I could find, and kept at it. The last email I sent before they gave in ended with..

"I am not going away - I will hound you until you deliver."

It's pretty clear that they count on the vast number up people giving rather than pursue it all the way to the end and that is how they make thier money.

I would suggest you do the following - I will.

Complain to the companies that advertise on their site and tell them you will NEVER buy their products until they either stop advertising with Consumer Incentives (or whatever name they use next) or they force these guys to do business on the up and up. Take away the money supply and these guys will begin to choke. Federal agencies don't scare them and neither do lawsuits - but money talks.

Keep at em - fight the good fight.

Success?? The BBB was WORTHLESS

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

I have been periodiccally checking their web site to see if I got lucky and they showed me as complete - when I noticed a phone number in the address field (none had been there before). I called this morning and....

Received a call back! Yes, a very nice person named Danielle called me back within 30 minutes of my message. Long story short - after explaining that I did complete the sixth offer and a fax of the documentation, I have been promised a Dell laptop withina few weeks.

It seems persistance is the key here. The BBB was WORTHLESS. One note - don't respond to any of their emails if you get one - they only monitor incomming emails from the web site.

Update these guys offered $50

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Well, after numerous emails back and forth with the Florida BBB these guys offered $50. - Hah! I filed a complaint with the Florida AG. I am giving these guys one last chance - I responded to the only email I have from them admitting that I completed five offers and attached scanned copies of proof of the sixth offer. Here's hoping they cough up the laptop. If not, the Florida AG recommended the following agencies:

Internet Fraud Department of the FBI
Web address www.ifccfbi.gov
Toll free number 800-251-7581

Federal Consumer Trade Commision
Web address www.ftc.gov
Toll free number 877-382-4357

County Consumer Protection Offices
Toll free number 888-852-7362

This was what they closed the message with:

"Finally, Florida's Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act provides individuals with a private remedy to bring an action for damages, attorney's fees and court costs. If you need help finding a lawyer,The Florida Bar offers a Lawyer Referral Service which you may contact toll-free at (800) 342-8060. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney, you may be eligible for low cost or pro bono assistance through a local legal aid office. The Florida Bar can assist you with this process."

I'm just about ready to start a class action lawsuit.