Complaint Review: Consumer Incentive Promotions

• Submitted: Fri, March 18, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, August 22, 2005

• Reported By:Bloomfield New Mexico
Consumer Incentive Promotions
14545 J Military Trail #189 Del Ray Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Consumer Incentive Promotions Voucher in hand, now reluctant to send ripoff Del Ray Beach Florida

*Author of original report: received laptop

Like most of you who signed on for this deal (in my case, a free laptop) I consider myself a pretty savy and cautious sort of person. I read all the terms and privacy policies etc. and was impressed by all the legit companies that were attached to the promotion (EXCEPT freebidding.com. I was never able to log on to their sight, they never responded to emails, and I never received a cancellation confirmation, be wary of that one... took my $3.95).

I completed my six commitments, received a confirmation within a few days and now have my prize voucher in hand. BUT there is an official-looking I.R.S. form ("Substitute Form W-9") that CIP stipulates I MUST complete because my gift is valued over $600. No problem except where it requests my SSN. Now I'm real nervous but I want my laptop by gawd and am willing to fight tooth and nail for it but not at the expense of an ID theft. Anyone have any suggestions?

I contacted BBB but they had no record of CIP, at least in that guise. Now I'm reading all this feedback and I don't trust 'em with my SSN.

Russ
Bloomfield, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2005 07:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Incentive-Promotions/Del-Ray-Beach-Florida-33484/Consumer-Incentive-Promotions-Voucher-in-hand-now-reluctant-to-send-ripoff-Del-Ray-Beach-135584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Incentive Promotions

received laptop

AUTHOR: Russ - (U.S.A.)

As per the agreement, this company sent me a new laptop computer. I received it in the time they specified so I can't complain. I regularly check my credit report so it would appear my info is safe.