Complaint Review: Consumer Info

• Submitted: Fri, July 23, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, July 23, 2004

• Reported By:Mesa Arizona
Consumer Info
www.consumerinfo.com Orange, California U.S.A.

Consumer Info, Freecreditreport.com RipOff! Did not report changes to Credit Report--TWICE!! ONLINE & Orange California

This Company is Lame on every level. They never successfully report changes to credit reports!!!
I purchased service because my S.S. Card and Birth certificate were stolen from my house. After 2 months of the service I went to get a car loan and... Guess what, there was a $30,000 credit card on my report. I was NEVER notified by consumer credit. In fact their crummy customer service blamed everything on Experian. I had to jump through every hoop known to man to get my report fixed with the credit bureaus... Consumer Credit offered NO HELP what-so-ever!!

Now 3 months later I applied for a credit card and was approved and GUESS WHAT.. No email or contact from consumer info... I called and went off on them. I was never offered a reason or explanation to why I wasn't contacted. Again the rep blamed everything on Experian, saying consumerinfo.com has nothing to do with reporting?? Then what am I paying for?? After repeated attempts to get supervisor on the phone, I finally gave up and canceled my service. The rep was worthless and I doubt he was even from this country.

Anyway.. This service was a complete ripoff. Thanks for nothin' Consumer Info.

Shandy
Mesa, Arizona

CLICK HERE: Lawsuit Filed Against Consumerinfo.com to get victims thier money back

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2004 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Info/Orange-California-92865/Consumer-Info-Freecreditreportcom-RipOff-Did-not-report-changes-to-Credit-Report-TWICE-100191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Info