Complaint Review: Consumer Portfolio Services, Seawest

• Submitted: Fri, May 20, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, May 20, 2005

• Reported By:Gaithersburg Maryland
Consumer Portfolio Services, Seawest
16355 Laguna Canyon Rd Irvine, California U.S.A.

Consumer Portfolio Services, Seawest twist my arm for money! Ripoff Irvine California

I got a Plymouth Breeze in October 2002 with Seawest and made all the payments on time. I never knew anything about CPS - no letter and no email. When I emailed the accounts manager at Seawest, I got no response as they always replied promptly. Then I got a letter in the mail from CPS, demanding money and that my loan was late. Bewildered, I called CPS and asked who the hell are they. That was then I was told that they bought out Seawest. They kept nagging me about the late payment and yet I still pay them on time.

Up until November 2004, the engine exploded on my way to work. I called CPS for assistance to fund the repairs so I can continue to make payments on time. They refused, I lost my week's worth of paycheck, the estimate of the repairs for another engine was worth well over the value of the car.... so I told them to come and get it. They picked it up eventually in January 6th, 2005!

STILL they twist my arm to get money out of me (or so they tried) and they said that I made a contract with the state of Maryland that I will keep making payments even if the car is "junked". BUT get this... they auctioned off the car and did not credit me for the price of the car they sold it for. EXPECT ME to pay remaining balance plus other fees.

I don't know what to do - I feel I was scammed by University Motors of College Park (used dealership) into this CPS/Seawest crap. I found out when I sent the dealer a letter that I do not recommend CPS to their consumers. Guess what! I got the letter back with USPS's stamp "address no longer exist."

H E L P! I want a clean credit rating and I cannot afford to let CPS squeeze every last drop out of me!!!!

Gaithersburg, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2005 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Portfolio-Services-Seawest/Irvine-California-92618/Consumer-Portfolio-Services-Seawest-twist-my-arm-for-money-Ripoff-Irvine-California-143510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Portfolio Services, Seawest