Complaint Review: Consumer Portfolio Services

• Updated: Wed, January 30, 2013

• Reported By: Jackie — Shreveport Louisiana United States of America
Consumer Portfolio Services
PO Box 98705 Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Consumer Portfolio Services Took car with tags and personal belongings and trying to make me pay more and not deducting correctly Phoenix, Arizona

Consumer Portfolio Services did deduct the money I was sending correctly because when you subtract $11, 055.73 from $280 the amount is not $11,055.73 and this is from October 2006 up until the came and got the car in November 2011.  They lied and said I sent $241 for a payment but I never did I always send $280.

They are still calling me now trying to make me pay for a car that I do not have and the amount owed on the car is $3,376 but they want me to pay $3,907.51 but they failed to mention that the warranty money left on the car went to them and when you subtract $3,376 from $2,882.12 it is not $3,907.51.  They took the car to Hammond, LA and said they were selling the car but I have not gotten a letter or phone call stating was it sold or not.  I had to cancel my tags on the car and I had reported the car stolen because no one came and knocked on the door nor was I served papers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2013 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Portfolio-Services/Phoenix-Arizona-85038-0705/Consumer-Portfolio-Services-Took-car-with-tags-and-personal-belongings-and-trying-to-make-1006285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Portfolio Services