Complaint Review: Consumer Portfolio Services

• Submitted: Sat, August 04, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, August 04, 2012

• Reported By: Hard working and ticked — Quemado New Mexico United States of America
Consumer Portfolio Services

Consumer Portfolio Services CPS Bought my loan and ripped me off, even after I paid off my truck! Internet

Don't trust these people, they operate fully outside the law. First off, they bought my loan, I have never signed a contract with them. Second of all, they raised all the service rates after they purchased my contract. Several times it would take days to get through to someone (don't bother with voicemail, I've NEVER gotten a call back from them).

I finally paid my vehicle off just not to deal with these scumbags anymore. They lost my 8 grand payment (after their computers showed it as accepted) and kept claiming my payment was due. After I informed them I was going to have to cancel the check from the bank and they could come get the truck, they FINALLY found the payment a second time, then held it for four days to clear. This was a month ago, still no title. I have buyers for my ruck and can't sell it. They say they sent it, but it's all bs. DON'T TRUST THEM!!!  Get a lawyer if you intend to pay your vehicle off. Register your complaint with the CA attorney generals office. I did. Maybe if we get enough we can shut down these a**holes. I wish dearly I had never sent them any money because I can't imagine the nightmare it's going to be getting a title.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2012 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Portfolio-Services/internet/Consumer-Portfolio-Services-CPS-Bought-my-loan-and-ripped-me-off-even-after-I-paid-off-my-922410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Portfolio Services