Complaint Review: Consumer Portfolio Services

• Submitted: Wed, July 18, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, July 19, 2012

• Reported By: mrsbenson1919 — Stockton California United States of America
Consumer Portfolio Services

Consumer Portfolio Services CPS Very rude CPS employee that goes by the name Mr. Gomez Internet

*Consumer Comment: Best advice

*Consumer Comment: What can you do?

I've had my car since February 2008, and I always been on time with my payments until I was laid off from my job due to the downfall of the economy. The company that I financed my car with was ACC Finance. I dont know what happened to them but they sent my information to Consumer Portfolio Services. I am currently two payments behind and when I spoke with Mr. Gomez he was very rude to me. I asked to speak with his boss and he kept asking me why,why, why, we dont want to hear your excuses anymore and he never put his boss on the phone. Since I have lost my job I admit that its been a struggle keeping up with my car note. I spoke with Mr. Gomez again today and he threatened to repo my car after I explained to him that I just started working at a job today and I wanted to see if he could set up some payment arrangements for me. Mr. Gomez didnt want to cooperate with me so I just hung up the phone. Mr. Gomez act like the money is going in his pocket. What can I do about this situation?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2012 09:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Portfolio-Services/internet/Consumer-Portfolio-Services-CPS-Very-rude-CPS-employee-that-goes-by-the-name-Mr-Gomez-In-914175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Portfolio Services

Best advice

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Is not to listen to team rebutt, can not help in any shape or form. Purpose of team rebutt is unknown.

What can you do?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Pay your bill..yes I know that is not what you wanted to hear but it is really the only thing you can do.

You made a legal agreement to make your payments on-time EVERY TIME.  There was no provisions in there that says you only had to pay when you could.  You are currently 2 payments behind.  If they didn't want to "cooperate with you" your car would already have been repossessed.   Because they(and any finance company) have the legal right to repossess the car as soon as you are delinquent.  There are several finance companies that would have repossessed your car as soon as you were just a few days late.