Complaint Review: Consumer Preferred - Now Certified Financial Planners

• Submitted: Mon, February 02, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, February 02, 2004

• Reported By:Pawtucket Rhode Island
Consumer Preferred - Now Certified Financial Planners
P.o. Box 15386 Tampa Bay, Florida U.S.A.

Consumer Preferred - Now Certified Financial Planners Called about getting money back They sent me a CHECK that Bounced Tampa Bay Florida

The company Consumer Preferred - Certified Financial Planner sent me a packet that contained a catolog, a credit card, and a bill. I thought that it was a regular credit card that I could use in a store. But, the credit card that I recieved was to be used in the catolg only.

So, I called the number that came with the packet and asked for my money back, they said that they would send me a check for the membership fee that I paid in the amount of 49.00. I cashed the check than a few months later recieved a call saying that I needed to pay the full amount because the check bounced.

If I did not pay for the bounced check that it would be sent to the police and I would be sued and prosecuted. Please help if possible!!

Pawtucket, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2004 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Preferred-Now-Certified-Financial-Planners/Tampa-Bay-Florida-33684/Consumer-Preferred-Now-Certified-Financial-Planners-Called-about-getting-money-back-They-78916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Preferred - Now Certified Financial Planners