Complaint Review: Consumer Preferred

• Submitted: Tue, November 25, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, November 25, 2003

• Reported By:South Bend Indiana
Consumer Preferred
54174 Terrace Lane South Bend IN. 46635 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 813-879-4752
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Consumer Preferred ripoff Tampa Florida

I was ripped off by Consumer Preferred in Tampa Fl. I received in tha mail a letter stating that I was excepted and all I had to do was file that letter out and send it back with only $49.00.

I was out of my check and decided to purchase a money order to send the $49.00. The next day I got on the computer and pulled up Consumer Preferred web site only to discover that it was a Credit card ,but a card that you can only use with a cheap catolog.

I then called and did get to speak to a customer rep. and told her I wanted my money back. She told me that as soon as my catolog was sent to me to pay for postage and mail it back for my refund, I now have a total of $56.95 invested in this bull shit company.

Since then I have tried to contact Consumer Preferred and no one will answer and it just hangs up after the message that they leave. I would love to know how not only to get my money back, but what I can do to them. I think it is crazy that companies can get away with this.

Jennifer
South Bend, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2003 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Preferred/Tampa-Florida-33684-5386/Consumer-Preferred-ripoff-Tampa-Florida-73061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Preferred