Complaint Review: Consumer Preferred

• Submitted: Wed, December 03, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, December 03, 2003

• Reported By:Auburn Georgia
Consumer Preferred
PO Box 15386 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Consumer Preferred ripoff dishonest fraud Tampa Florida

I received a guranteed approval letter from Consumer Preferred indicating that I was approved for a credit line of up to $5,000. The letter didn't have a phone number so I went online and found their website. I found the phone number and called them to get more information about the types of products they sell on their website.

A few days later, I went back tot he website and purchased the Consumer Preferred Card, which I was told was to help people with poor credit re-establish their credit. I paid the processing fee of $45 online and received my package in the mail about 2 weeks later.

I tried to go online and view the products but their website was not available. I tried for 3 or 4 days before talking with my neighbor about it. We went online and found that it was a scam. I was out my $45 and am determined to get it back!

James
Auburn, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2003 06:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Preferred/Tampa-Florida-33684-5386/Consumer-Preferred-ripoff-dishonest-fraud-Tampa-Florida-73846. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Preferred