Complaint Review: Consumer Research Corp.

• Submitted: Tue, March 11, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, March 11, 2008

• Reported By:rockford Michigan
Consumer Research Corp.
3830 Forest Drive Columbia, South Carolina U.S.A.

Consumer Research Corp. Deceptive Columbia South Carolina

Responded to spam email promising laptop computer to be on panel and accept a few of their offers. I did accept a netflix offer, a free credit report offer, and a green tea offer. The free credit report said it would be $12.00 after trial period. Since I had a previous account I did not qualify for the free report but could get for $12.99 a month. I accepted but was charged $19.99. The green tea was for a free trial, just paid shipping, $3.97.

Found something on performance health website that after 10 days you'd be charged $79.99 if you didn't cancel. I canceled even though I didn't think it stated it when I signed up. Also, I received phone call from an 800 service saying that because I signed up for the green tea they wanted to offer me a free 30 day trial to some shopping thing. They had the last four digits of my credit card, said I'd be charged if I didn't cancel. Said something about receiving it by emai. Never received anything. Tried this 888-296-5054 number but get recording. Calls not returned. As far as laptop no correspondence from anyone about it.

Steven
rockford, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2008 06:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Research-Corp/Columbia-South-Carolina-29204/Consumer-Research-Corp-Deceptive-Columbia-South-Carolina-316761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Research Corp.

threatened