Complaint Review: Consumer Research Corporation - producttestpanel.com

• Submitted: Fri, April 09, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, July 08, 2010

• Reported By: Jerry — Santa Monica California United States of America
Consumer Research Corporation - producttestpanel.com

Consumer Research Corporation - producttestpanel.com Product Test Panel False Advertising Internet

*Author of original report: I still don't see it

*General Comment: Read carefully

On a recent visit to Google.com I was offered the opportunity to Get a Sony Viao laptop if I tried out TWO services that ProductTestPanel.com was offering. I have a screenshot of the page, but I see no way to upload it here.

After I subscribed to NetFlix, and cbomc.com I was offered a $1000 Walmart gift certificate if I joined a third. I signed up at FreeCreditReport.com. After doing all of this I went to my account and saw the terms of this offer were different than originally offered. It was not TWO items, now it was SIX. I contacted ProductTestPanel.com  and was told that they were clear in their original "contract" that I would be required to subscribe to six services. This is simply not true.

When I first saw the site, I assumed the company was legit because they have a BBB logo on their home page. I noticed others have filed a complaint with the BBB, and yet ProductTestPanel. [continued below]....
.....com still has an "A" rating from the BBB. I question whether the BBB is serious about promoting better businesses and offer consumers any real protection.

I will be able to cancel my netflix and FreeCreditReport.com accounts without any expense. But the Children's Book of the month club (cbomc.com) is being more difficult. Even though I contacted them within an hour of joining their service, and notified them that their marketing partner enticed me to join under false pretenses, their reply so far has been "Although we would like to comply with your request and cancel your  account, according to our records your commitment has not been fulfilled."

So I may be returning to file a follow-up on them. It's really sad when a company feels they have to use false advertising to market their products. And it's horrible when a company can lie about what they are offering and yet continue their operation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2010 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Research-Corporation-producttestpanelcom/internet/Consumer-Research-Corporation-producttestpanelcom-Product-Test-Panel-False-Advertising-591402. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Research Corporation - producttestpanel.com

I still don't see it

AUTHOR: mcfilms - (United States of America)

I still don't see it and apparently neither do many, many other people. It's interesting it's so clear to you.

In BIG letters I see: "You're almost done!! To finish Participate in ANY TWO (2) of the Premium offers listed below" In the body copy it says "To qualify for your Sony Vaio Z Laptop finish by fully completing any two of the Premium offers listed below!"

Now off to the side it says "Eligible members can receive the incentive gift package by completing a survey and two sponsor offers from each of the Top Prime and Premium Offer Page options." Well maybe this is constructed to mean that you need to do 4 offers to get the "incentive gift package." But that "package" is not the Sony Viao. Because the Viao says clearly that you only have to complete TWO offers. Unless they are trying to trick people.

Well, it appears so. Because from all reports it is not the two offers listed on the web page, it is also not the 4 offers the other poster suggests. Somehow they manage to require you to complete SIX offers of escalating cost.

So this is clearly a scam. But thank you for replying to me and voicing your opinion. It has reminded me I wanted to link this to my Facebook page and let my friends know to be wary of ProductTestPanel.com.

#2 General Comment

Read carefully

AUTHOR: mr.moomoocow - (United States of America)

I looked at the image that you posted and it says on the image that you must complete '2 sponsor offers in "EACH" of the top, prime and premium groups'.  That equalls six.  I don't agree with some of their practices either but I have to say that you presented their case for them by posting the picture.  I don't think they have tricked you in any way.  This just seems to be a case of not reading carefully enough.  Good luck with this situation.  I wish you the best and mean no harm by this rebuttal.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC