Alexander

• Submitted: Mon, July 30, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, August 16, 2007

• Reported By:Ossining New York
Consumer Research Corporation
3830 Forest Drive, St. 207 Columbia, South Carolina U.S.A.

Consumer Research Corporation, Retail Report Card, Product Test Panel Ripped off by a secret shopper scam Columbia, South Carolina

*Consumer Suggestion: Do you know how to read?

*Consumer Comment: Didn't get Scammed, and Yet, They Still Spam Me!

I signed up to be a mystery shopper. I had to sign up for 1 promotion from 2 categories. I did this, I was over charged on my credit card and my account says there is nothing completed. I have tried to contact them several times over a few weeks with no reply. Any suggestions?

Deng
Ossining, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2007 06:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Research-Corporation/Columbia-South-Carolina-29204/Consumer-Research-Corporation-Retail-Report-Card-Product-Test-Panel-Ripped-off-by-a-secr-264253. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Research Corporation

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Do you know how to read?

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

Did you read the terms and conditions? I always read them, to make sure what i'm doing. The problem you had is with the incentive gift part, being a mystery shopper costs nothing.

Here is what the terms and conditions say about their mystery shopper program:

RetailReportCard store review program. CRC periodically conducts retail store reviews using members of the RetailReportCard.com website. RRC members who wish to participate in any of these retailer reviews may apply to do so through the member interface area at http://retailreportcard.com/status.php. CRC will select members to do retailer reviews based on criteria specific to each test. Selected members will be notified via email explaining the review process. Selected members will be sent a gift card ranging from $25 to $1000 in value to the store to be reviewed along with a report card detailing specific areas (such as quality of service, store cleanliness, product selection) where the member must assign the store a rating of 0 to 100. (with 0 being very poor and 100 being excellent).

The member must then go to the specific store location and spend at least 90% of the value of the gift card they received on items of their choosing while carefully observing things in the store related to the areas to be graded. After completing their shopping experience, the member must return the completed retail report card to CRC along with a legible copy of the receipt evidencing the date and time of their shopping experience.

The member may keep all goods purchased in conjunction with the store review program. However, failure to return the completed retail report card and/or a legible copy of the receipt will result in the immediate and permanent cancellation of the member's CRC membership. No purchase is required for participation in the store review program and all RetailReportCard.com members are encouraged to apply.

I did this, and got chosen for it about 3-4 weeks ago. Today, i got an e-mail from FedEx with my package tracking number. I am getting a gift card. You need to read the terms and conditions of any offer you choose.

Richard
Kennewick, Wa

Didn't get Scammed, and Yet, They Still Spam Me!

AUTHOR: Valentine - (U.S.A.)

I don't trust any company that promises to give me something for nothing or little work on my part -- especially online. Obviously, I don't respond to such spam, other then to send it on to the FTC. Despite this, I just got spam, using my legal first name, asking me to respond to some piece of manure. (Didn't bother reading it, but did research them online, and so found this site. Will go look at it now that I've sent it to the FTC.) Ah, they want to "give me" some pocketbook set! Boy, do they not know me! Don't know fancy designers, and much prefer backpacks to pocketbooks! LOL

It infuriates me that such companies send me spam. Really royally ticks me off that they want my e-mail address supposedly to take me off their list! I was never on their list, and I know such crap is usually to gather more e-mail addresses to spam more and more!

I'm not a victim of Consumer Research Corporation. I have not fallen for their crap. On the other hand, that doesn't stop them from trying to make me become a victim! Be very careful of such scammers -- they'll try and get you, even if they didn't con you in the first place!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC