Complaint Review: Consumer Research Corporation

• Submitted: Wed, January 02, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 02, 2008

• Reported By:baltimore Maryland
Consumer Research Corporation
P. O. Box 1085 New York, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 902-4121987
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Consumer Research Corporation Phony Mystery Shopper Opportunity New York New York

I inquired omline about a mystery shopper position. I received in the mail a letter with a check enclosed. The letter stated that I was selected to participate in a paid consumer research program. The check was to cover what I was to get paid as well as the money needed to complete the assignment. The first thing I had to do was deposit the check in my account and wire them the designated amount from it. Well the bank placed a standard hold on the check because of the amount it was for. Then I conducted the transaction based on the money I had in my account already. Then the bank notified me that the check is counterfeit so those funds wil never be deposited into my account. The plan is to get you to send them a lump sum of money and then when the check bounces you're stuck paying back the bank.

baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2008 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Research-Corporation/New-York-New-York-12780/Consumer-Research-Corporation-Phony-Mystery-Shopper-Opportunity-New-York-New-York-296344. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Research Corporation