Complaint Review: Consumer Safety Technology, Inc

• Submitted: Wed, June 27, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, June 27, 2012

• Reported By: Lisa — Houston Texas U.S.A.
Consumer Safety Technology, Inc
10520 Hickman Rd. Suite F Internet United States of America

Consumer Safety Technology, Inc Intoxalock Stealing your money!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Class Action Lawsuit

My son had to have the ignition interlock system installed pending trial. He was in an auto accident on March 15th and the vehicle was a total loss. He called intoxaloc about removing the unit no more than an hour after the accident. He was told by the recovery dept. (Jeremy Welsch) that he would need a court order.

The court order was emailed to me the very next day and I emailed it to Mr. Welsch and my son called him the same day to give him the address where the vehicle was located.  After not hearing anything further, he assumed the matter had been taken care of. A month later he was charged for the monitoring fee and he called Mr. Welsch again and he said he had not gotten the unit but had a lead on where it is. Long story short, Mr Welsch never retreived the unit and when my son bought a new car and called to set up installation of a new unit Mr. Welsh proceeded to tell me that he had told my son that he would have to pay the cost of the unit that was not retrieved before he could have a new one installed and he said that it would be $3000.00.

In the written contract, it states that the unit is valued at $1495.00 I have emailed Mr. Welsch to find out why my son was charged $3000 for a unit costing $1495.00 and of course he has not responded. My son of course had to pay the fee in order to do what he is legally suppose to do in order to get himself to work!!  This place obviously knows that people in his position have no choice in the matter and are taking advantage of that and ripping people off!!! Not to mention Mr. Welsch is himself a liar as he told me that my son did not give him the location until after the vehicle was moved and I know for a fact that's not true because I was sitting next to him when he called the man about it several times!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2012 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Safety-Technology-Inc/internet/Consumer-Safety-Technology-Inc-Intoxalock-Stealing-your-money-Internet-903545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Safety Technology, Inc

Class Action Lawsuit

AUTHOR: Swaintek - ()

I just got off the phone with a customer service rep who flat out refused to give me even her name, and then when I asked to speak to a supervisor was told that I could be transferred to voicemail.  I asked her to please have the supervisor contact me when available, and asked when that would be.  Not only did she refuse to even give me a ballpark estimate, she wouldn't even give me a day when the supervisor would get back to me.  My car has been sitting, dead of course because this product is a piece of junk that ruins car batteries, in a Car Toys parking lot for 4 days now.  3 days ago I had another hour long phone call with another very rude Intoxalock rep who insisted that it was basically my problem and that my battery was the cause of the recalibrated device not working.  It took me putting the Car Toys technician on the phone with her to confirm that it was not my battery, it was their faulty device, before she would even listen to me.

At that point she guaranteed me that they would overnight a replacement part and it would be in by Saturday.  It's Saturday, no part, my car is still sitting dead in a bad part of town, and I couldn't have had a more rude conversation with a customer service rep than the one I just had.  The customer service rep made it very clear that she could care less about my issue and made it clear that I was an inconvenience to her.  I am beyond fed up with this joke of a company.  They have a captive consumer base that has no other options and they feel they can treat their customers like garbage.  I will at a minimum be filing in small claims court, I would love to file a class action lawsuit.  I've already emailed a class action attorney, and would love it if anyone else who has had similar experiences with intoxalock contact me at (((email redacted)))