Complaint Review: Consumer Tax Relief

• Reported By: crzyndnak — Anchorage Alaska
Consumer Tax Relief
Nationwide USA

Consumer Tax Relief Fraudulant and deceptive Nationwide

I had notice from the IRS that said they were going to start garnishing my pay, I didn't know what to do. I was listening to the radio and I heard about a company(Consumer Tax Relief) that was advertising that they could help people who owed money to the IRS. I gave them a call and they said they would help but I would have to pay $2000 first. I agreed and they started me on a payment plan, paying $250 every payday( 2 wks). But after I had made about 3 payments on my payment plan, Tha IRS started garnishing my pay. Thay were taking about 75% of my take home pay. Needless to say, I couldn't continue to pay Consumer Tax Relief and still pay my bills and feed my kids. I am a single dad and I still have 2 boys that still live at home with me. When Consumer Tax Relief called me and asked why I hadn't been making my payments, I told them the IRS had started garnishing my pay and I couldn't afford to make payments until the IRS was finished garnishing my pay.

I asked them what they had done on my case to help me with the IRS's garnishment of my pay. They said they couldn't help me until I finished with my payment plan. I told them I wouldn't be able to have any extra money until the IRS was done, by which time I would not need thier services anymore. Somehow they could not see the logic to that. So after the garnishment of my pay ended they started calling me again. I told them I didn't need thier services anymore, though they didn't do anything in the first place. But, they still say I still owe them the balance of the payment plan. How do I convince them that I don't owe them anything since they didn't do anything to help me?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2014 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Tax-Relief/nationwide/Consumer-Tax-Relief-Fraudulant-and-deceptive-Nationwide-1142475. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Tax Relief