Complaint Review: ConsumerGain

• Submitted: Mon, February 06, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, February 19, 2006

• Reported By:Nashville Indiana
ConsumerGain
http://www.consumergain.com/ San Mateo, California U.S.A.

ConsumerGain ripoff San Mateo California

*Consumer Suggestion: Here is something worth trying

*Author of original report: ConsumerGain doesn't get verification from Netflix and CitiBank

I completed all 6 offers. After 2 months only 4 were posted. I wrote with proof that the other two offers were completed (Netflix and CITI). I got a quick response and continued to wait. I wrote 4 more times. They stopped replying after 2. It has now been 4 months since I completed the offers and 2 months since I contacted them with proof.

I can't tell if they are dishonest or have no business sense. I understand that they may be waiting for payment from Netflix and CITI, but I think it would be in their own interest to receive prompt payment and to avoid customer anger/frustration.

Jonathan
Nashville, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2006 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ConsumerGain/San-Mateo-California/ConsumerGain-ripoff-San-Mateo-California-273945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ConsumerGain

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Here is something worth trying

AUTHOR: Greg - (U.S.A.)

The Better Business Bureau in that area (Golden Gate BBB) has logged 19 complaints about this "company". I know the negative aspects of the BBB, but ConsumerGain is NOT a member of that organization, yet 17 of 19 complaints are reported as being resolved. Fifteen of those resolutions have verification by the complaining consumer.

The file was opened in October 2005, so that is 19 complaints in only 4 or 5 months. This Rip Off and others like it typically run 8-18 months. During the early stages of this scam, they may actually send the 'gift', but only if you complain through the local BBB. They do this to buy time, as more and more people sign up for the ripoff.

The cash flow of this scam is so good, paying off the small number of complaints at this early stage is cost effective. It makes them look legitimite to prospective consumers and to law enforcement. But that will change in a few months.

Eventually complaints will become so numerous, they will stop even answering them. So, act FAST! File a complaint with the BBB, and they may compensate you to keep their 'reputation' positive.

And yes, this is a scam. At most, a few early participants and some that complain actually get a gift. 99% will be ripped off.

ConsumerGain doesn't get verification from Netflix and CitiBank

AUTHOR: Jonathan - (U.S.A.)

I signed up for 6 offers are required. After waiting 2 months only 4 offers were posted as complete, so I sent proof that the remaining 2 offers had been completed. It has now been 4 months since I completed the offers and 2 months since I notified them as directed by their website.

Apparently they have not gotten confirmation from Netflix or CitiBank. ConsumerGain customer service answered my first two email messages. They did not answer my next two email messages. After that it appears that they've blocked delivery of email from me.

They did not provide me with any means of resolving this problem.