Complaint Review: Consumerinfo.com - cic Credit Monitor

• Submitted: Wed, January 12, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, January 12, 2005

• Reported By:Sidney Ohio
Consumerinfo.com - cic Credit Monitor
ConsumerInfo.com Orangeburg, California U.S.A.

Consumerinfo.com - cic Credit Monitor ripoff frauduallent debit card billing, unathorized charges, scam artist Orangeburg California

I signed up for a free credit report, with the use of credit monitoring, through ConsumerInfo.com. As long as I canceled within so many days I wasn't to be charged anything.

I did cancel via email and months later was charged $79.95. Now I'm not sure if I canceled in time not to be charged but, the agreement was a charge of $9.95 at the beginning of every month and you could cancel at anytime.

I have tried contacting the company by phone and always get a message saying the are not open. I have made a report at may bank and currently notifying web pages that advertise for them.

I'm also thinking about notifying the local news channel so they can run a fraud report.

My question is how is this rip-off company still doing business when ther has been complaints since at least 2003?

Jill
Sidney, Ohio

CLICK HERE: Lawsuit Filed Against Consumerinfo.com to get victims thier money back

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2005 11:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumerinfocom-cic-Credit-Monitor/Orangeburg-California/Consumerinfocom-cic-Credit-Monitor-ripoff-frauduallent-debit-card-billing-unathorized-127156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumerinfo.com - cic Credit Monitor