Complaint Review: Consumerinfo.com

• Submitted: Tue, July 22, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 22, 2008

• Reported By:Battle Creek Michigan
www.freecreditreport.com Irvine, California U.S.A.

Free Credit Report - Consumerinfo.com Supposed to allow you to a get free credit report but wasn't possible Irvine California

I went to this site and tried to get a free credit report. It would not allow me to do it without my credit card. Then it refused me my report based on my not answering all the questions correctly.

The problem is, you don't know what they have on you so you can't always answer the questions. I KNOW the answers, but if they have them wrong for some reason, then I don't know them anymore.

Further, they continue to charge your account for monitoring it, even though you aren't allowed access to it. You CAN cancel, but you have to have access to do it.

I called up and it took talking to a manager to get them to credit back to my account the charges and they would only do it when I proved to them I was never even able to access the account!

This was a big rip off and the only thing good I have to say is that they were willing to refund the money.

Don't fall for it... NOTHING is for free!

Battle Creek, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2008 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumerinfocom/Irvine-California/Free-Credit-Report-Consumerinfocom-Supposed-to-allow-you-to-a-get-free-credit-report-bu-354281. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumerinfo.com