Complaint Review: Consumers Choice Usa Health Insurance

• Updated: Tue, September 18, 2007

• Reported By:columbia Missouri
Consumers Choice Usa Health Insurance
consumerchoice.usa.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Consumers Choice Usa Health Insurance Ripoff bait and switch providers listed never heard of this company Unable To Determine florida

*Consumer Comment: Consumer's Choice USA is NOT health insurance

Consumers choice usa called me up after I had been looking for health insurance quotes on the internet.They promised me health coverage along with dental and visual for only $112.00 a month. I paid over $200.00 to get the policy started only to discover the doctors they have listed are not only out of network but they were never in network to begin with!

The generic perscription I have had for years I have paid $8.00 for with my first insurance company was now going to cost me exactly $31.94 as part of their 4 teired system of prescription coverage.I checked with my pharmacy and that's exactly what the prescription costs without insurance!

I was told so many things that were untrue. As a college student I had my mother talk to the salesman before I purchased the policy and she agreed it sounded really good. We were both lied to and now I have to wait to get to the doctor with real insurance.

If you don't want to throw money down the tubes then steer clear of these shysters!

Jennifer
columbia, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2005 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumers-Choice-Usa-Health-Insurance/nationwide/Consumers-Choice-Usa-Health-Insurance-Ripoff-bait-and-switch-providers-listed-never-heard-148197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumers Choice Usa Health Insurance

Consumer's Choice USA is NOT health insurance

AUTHOR: Shacko - (U.S.A.)

Consumer's Choice USA is NOT health insurance, it is a medical benefit plan - for people that can't afford major medical insurance or people that cannot qualify for major medical insurance. None of the literature that I have seen for CCU says anything about it being insurance. The literature specifically states that it is not INSURANCE. No agent should be representing this as INSURANCE. If they do, they should be reported to the company.

There is no dental coverage - but they do offer dental discounts within their network.

There is no vision coverage - but they do offer vision discounts from over 12,000 providers nationwide.

There are plenty of network doctors listed that are in my area.

As far as the prescription drug plan, one just has to read the plan to understand what medications are covered and to find a participating pharmacy.

When it comes to something as important as health insurance I think it is best to do as much research as is necessary to make the right decision. And that means NOT buying a plan just because it is cheap. Don't forget, with many things, you get what you pay for.