Complaint Review: Consumer's Energy MI

• Submitted: Thu, February 17, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, November 21, 2011

• Reported By: con-suckers energy customer — Michigan United States of America
Consumer's Energy MI

Consumer's Energy MI Put someone else's delinquent bill onto my account?? Internet

*Consumer Comment: Consumer Energy Collection Problem

In September of 2010 I received a notice from "Consumers Transfer Department" indicating I had a delinquent balance from a previous address in the amount of approx $600.  For my "convenience" they would add this amount to my current account!!  Here's the catch - I never lived at the address during the specified time frame; nor was I ever responsible for gas charges until I moved into my current rental!

After MONTHS of trying get this removed from my bill - I have had to send them copies of both of my leases from the passed two places I have lived.  I have had to do this on several occassions - and they still have not removed anything.  I have now reported Consumers Energy to the Michigan Public Service Commission as well as an attorney.

Any thoughts on what else I can do?  Consumer's keeps telling me that they will remove this amount as soon as they can confirm where I lived - though I've sent them the copies of my leases - my tenant ledgers, etc - and they claim even though that's all I have to do...they aren't removing it "yet."  It's beyond ridiculous and it's really hard to keep up on a bill that I DON'T OWE!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2011 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumers-Energy-MI/internet/Consumers-Energy-MI-Put-someone-elses-delinquent-bill-onto-my-account-Internet-696542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer's Energy MI

Consumer Energy Collection Problem

AUTHOR: theresarose1 - (United States of America)

The same thing is happening to me.  I am hoping to take this as far as it can go legally.  I did not ever receive a bill and why am I supposed to pay a bill I cannot see? They should not be doing this to single parents that are stuggling just to get buy.  We cannot afford this burden.  I am not going to let them violate my federal rights!Good Luck

Sincerely,