Complaint Review: Contact Message Systems, LLC And ILD Teleservices

• Submitted: Mon, January 19, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 19, 2009

• Reported By:Topeka Kansas
Contact Message Systems, LLC And ILD Teleservices
5000 Sawgrass Village Circle, Suite 30 Ponte Verde Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Contact Message Systems, LLC And ILD Teleservices Fraudulent third party billing on AT&T phone bill Ponte Verde Beach Florida

While renewing long distance service with AT&T, the customer service rep asked if I was aware that ILD Teleservices was billing me $49.95 per month for an unspecified service.

I responded no and he suggested I call ILD to see what the charges were for. I did so and was informed that the charges were on behalf of a company named Contact Message Services, LLC and that if I had questions I would have to call them. I was given a phone number, 866-473-2053, which I called.

The lady who answered the phone explained that a telemarketer had called my business on May 6, 2008 and had spoken with one of my employees who authorized their service. I asked what their service consisted of and got a line of garbage about on call tech support for office equipment or at least that is what I understood her to say. English was obviously not her first language.

She asked if my employee was authorized to approve of their services and when I emphatically said no and stated that only through some sort of deceptive sales pitch would she have ever said yes to anything, she argued that it's really not deceptive but that the telemarketer may have spoken very quickly and possibly caused some confusion about the purpose of the call.

She asked if I would like to hear the recorded conversation and I said of course. Some guy named Adam called me about four days later and played a recording for me containing a recorded conversation that I could understand very little of.

The customer service rep said that she would cancel the service and was authorized to credit back one month's payment to AT&T and that to get the rest of the $400.00 they had billed for, I would have to send a fax to their processing center. She gave me instructions as to what to state on the fax.

I will be very interested to see if I actually get any of the billed amount returned and would be interested to know if anyone else has been successful in getting money back from these crooks.

A call to AT&T revealed that they have no desire to help and claim there is nothing they can do.

Topeka, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2009 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Contact-Message-Systems-LLC-And-ILD-Teleservices/Ponte-Verde-Beach-Florida-32082/Contact-Message-Systems-LLC-And-ILD-Teleservices-Fraudulent-third-party-billing-on-ATT-413837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Contact Message Systems, LLC And ILD Teleservices