Complaint Review: Continental Airlines

• Updated: Sat, December 19, 2009

• Reported By: Dinesh — Decatur Georgia United States of America
Continental Airlines

Continental Airlines Denied Boarding refused refund Internet

I booked a flight from Atlanta, USA to Mumbai, India on 14th May, 2009. The flight was delayed and therefore I was put on a different flight operated by Air-France. I was given tickets from Atlanta-Paris-Mumbai-Ahmedabad. However, the trip was the worst I ever had. My meal preferences were not forwarded to Air-France and they did not have vegeterian meal. Then I was left by myself at Mumbai Airport for 6 hours and I was not given a hotel. If that was not enough I was denied boarding by Air India because the ticket you issued to me was not registered in their systems, I had to buy a new ticket there. Buying a ticket was not all, I had to run from counter to counter trying to solve this. The hotel charges were USD200 and the ticket from Mumbai to Ahmedabad costed USD64.

"I have tried to contact them many times and every time they gave me this response:

Customer Refund Services has received your correspondence regarding the denied refund of the above referenced ticket(s).

As requested, we have re-audited your file and find that our original decision was correct. Each ticket(s) fare has specific rules, which must be followed. We can assure you that your refund request was handled properly.

We wish our reply could be more favorable. Please be assured that Continental Airlines values your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future."

Then I tried calling their customer service and I was told that there was a refund of $24.50 in my name. When I asked why $24.50 they asked me to email again. I emailed CS again and then it became $0. This was the worst experience of my life.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2009 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Airlines/internet/Continental-Airlines-Denied-Boarding-refused-refund-Internet-542411. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Airlines