Complaint Review: Continental Express - Fast Lane Move

• Submitted: Sun, November 16, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, November 16, 2008

• Reported By:Livermore California
Continental Express - Fast Lane Move
47531 Warm Springs Blvd Fremont, California U.S.A.

Continental Express - Fast Lane Move Con artists, ripp off, unethical, completely disrespectful and unprofesional Fremont California

This was the most horrible move experiance of my life. I originally talked to Continental Express and was initially impressed with their response rate and what seemed to be a very competitive bid on my move. I was told that based on the size of my home they felt it would be no more than 7 hours but that this was variable. I was told the move should be around $735. I was told that packing materials were included except for boxes. I said ok as I had packed all of my things in my own boxes and had plenty of boxes if more were needed. Moving day arrived and Continental Express did too. They shoved the contract in my husbands face, rushing him through. He felt very uneasy but was not sure why. They began moving and put about 1/3rd of our things on the truck. He then told us that they had used $500 worth of boxes. I told them to halt everything and got on the phone with a supervisor. He told me that it was the law for them to wrap anything scratchable or breakable in boxes and that I was told this upfront (no, I was not). I told them not to use anymore boxes, they agreed and we kept on with the move. At about 3pm, they said the truck was full (my house was also still 1/2 full with furniture). We left for my 15 mile move and when we got to the house, they told me the cost of the move was $2935.59. I almost fell over. They used 105 boxes at $35 each for a total of $1155. This is absurd. They made me pay before they would empty the truck. They unloaded quickly and threw all of my furniture and boxes everywhere in the house, they had no regard for any of my things. When I asked them to put together the bed in the master, they said they were out of time but could if I paid more. I told him to get out of my house. They put empty boxes in my green recycle can and when I asked them to remove them, they said no. It was the most hideous experiance I have every encountered. Do not ever hire them. They didn't care that I was upset, they didn't care that they ripped me off and they didn't care that they ruined my things. They are not only a horrible moving company but they are unethical people.

Michelle g
Livermore, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2008 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Express-Fast-Lane-Move/Fremont-California-94539/Continental-Express-Fast-Lane-Move-Con-artists-ripp-off-unethical-completely-disrespe-391750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Express - Fast Lane Move