Complaint Review: Continental Finance Company

• Reported By: Sharon — Costa Mesa California United States of America
Continental Finance Company
PO box 8099 Newark, Delaware United States of America

Continental Finance Company RUN FROM THESE THIEVES--PREDATORS Newark, Delaware

After a divorce I used this company to restart my credit. I had the card for 2 years - paying an annual fee and monthly fees each month, but not using the card. When I finally used it in an emergency, I tried to pay it off the next month----NO WAY. They will not close the account. After contacting them for a payoff number, I sent them a payoff check, with a letter stating that this was the payoff amount given to me, and reiterating that this was to close the account----but they continue to bill me for fees and fees and fees---

Continental Finance has resorted to calling my home saying they are an educational loan company, and asking for my recently deceased brother. When I answered the phone I asked why they were calling, the stooge on the phone said, "we don't want to talk to him, we want to talk to you", this is Continental Finance." I recorded the conversation, and told them I was doing so, but they are still calling. Just hearing my brother's name breaks my heart--how can they do this??

This HAS to be illegal--it just has to be. If there is an attorney out there that can help me-please help.

If you are even THINKING about a Continental Finance credit card--FORGET IT! Nobody needs these low lifes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2012 09:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Finance-Company/Newark-Delaware-19714/Continental-Finance-Company-RUN-FROM-THESE-THIEVES-PREDATORS-Newark-Delaware-825528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Finance Company