Complaint Review: Continental Movers - We Love To Move

• Submitted: Sat, January 05, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, January 14, 2008

• Reported By:Oakland California
Continental Movers - We Love To Move
711 W.162nd Street, Gardena, CA Gardena, California U.S.A.

Continental Movers - We Love To Move Preying Dogs: Unprofessional practices, holds property hostage while doubling estimate, horrrible-BEWARE Gardena California

*Consumer Suggestion: I was and am a victim too of this company, at least I think it's the same company

I recently had one of the worst experiences in my life. I had to relocate for business purposes and hired CONTINENTAL MOVERS - We love to Move. They provided me with an estimate (verbal) then proceeded to come and pack me. While they were packing I confirmed that there would be no additional charge for packing materials with the Manager. He said there would be no additional charges as well as said his crew confirmed the estimate. They not only asked me for packing materials but used my linens to augment there packing materials. They came to move things out on the following day (Saturday). The truck they brought was too small so I had to rent a uhaul to bring the rest of my belongings. Once they took my belongings away they called back and doubled the quote. They held my things hostage! This was over the weekend so I gave them a check on Sunday. They said they could not accept the check and would have the movers stay overnight and return in the morning after the check was cashed. They returned, got their cash, broke valuable furniture (dropped my roll top desk while bringing it into the house). When they had only 10 - 15 boxes left to unpack the manager called and said they required an additional $300 dollars (overnight fees). Once I told them that I had no more money they demanded something of value for $150 to leave the rest of my boxes.

I believe in Karma and know that God will deal with them but I am now out of so much money and have a bitter feeling in the pit of my stomach. I do plan on taking legal action but want to help anyone I can and make sure that they do not get taken by CONTINENTAL MOVERS - We Love To Move based out of Southern Califonia.

Calbelle
Oakland, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2008 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Movers-We-Love-To-Move/Gardena-California-90247/Continental-Movers-We-Love-To-Move-Preying-Dogs-Unprofessional-practices-holds-propert-297282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Movers - We Love To Move

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Jesjus1 - (U.S.A.)

Hello, I was a victim of Continental Express Inc, based out of San Jose, CA and Fremont, CA, whereby the name of the owner is Asaf Oved. Is this the same company? Because if so, I submitted my complaint in detail to several agencies, i.e. CPUC, Better Business Bureau, and several legislative offices, and guess what after much arduous and headaching writing, and back and forth conversations, I got my stuff back. Maybe I can be of some help.