Complaint Review: Continental Promotion Group, InPhonic

• Reported By:Boca Raton Florida
Continental Promotion Group, InPhonic
rebatestatus.com Internet U.S.A.

Continental Promotion Group, InPhonic ripoff rebate fraudulent payment Internet

In August of 2005 my husband and I bought 2 T-Mobile Motorola Razor Phones over the internet based on advertisement on MSN.com. We initially paid $380.00 for 2 phones. However, we were supposed to recieve a mail-in rebate on these phones. We followed all directions on the mail in rebate. The rebate was to be sent in when we could show we had paid T-mobile for 2 billing cycles. At the end of November I sent in the rebate forms. On December 3, 2005, I recieved an email confirmation stating that everything was recieved to process the order and we should recieve our rebate in 8-10 weeks. 8-10 weeks passed and still no rebate. Finally 2 weeks into March I called their customer service department and spoke with a lady that stated that they were backed up and I should recieve it by the time 12 weeks had passed from the initially 8-10 weeks. I told her that 12 weeks had already passed I want to know the status on my rebate. She said she could not give me that information. They don't keep track of rebates in that manner. Finally, I realized I was getting no where and hung up. I waited a couple more weeks to see if the rebate would come and nothing. I recieved an email saying that my rebate was being reprocessed and I could check my status but all it ever says is that they recieved in and it is being processed. My husband wrote them an email regarding the rebate one week ago and we have not heard anything. I have heard horror stories of this but I figured if it is advertised on a major Web Site such as MSN.com they must clear these companies of fraud prior to advertisement to protect their goodwill. I was wrong!!!

Trista
Boca Raton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2006 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Promotion-Group-InPhonic/internet/Continental-Promotion-Group-InPhonic-ripoff-rebate-fraudulent-payment-Internet-183671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Promotion Group, InPhonic