Complaint Review: Continental Promotional Group

• Reported By: joann — natick Massachusetts United States of America
Continental Promotional Group
Tempe, Arizona United States of America

Continental Promotional Group SWEEPSTAKES RIP-OFF Tempe, Arizona

In December 2005, I was  sent a letter from Continental Promotion Group that I had won a sweepstakes giveaway, sponsored by GE Sealants, in the amount of $10,000. I had 7 days to return their paperwork to claim my winnings. I cautiously returned it.  Near the end of December2005, I was  contacted by GE in Texas that they would be sending me a check. After several phone calls from GE Executives, I finally received the check in January 2006.  When I  was getting ready to file my income tax the next year, I received a 1099 from Continental Promotional Group, and a 1099 from GE Sealant,(they issued the check).I contacted Continental Promotional Group, and asked them to please send me a corrected 1099. Because it looked as though I received $20,000. After several calls to them they finally sent me a new 1099, but without any corrections! I called GE several times, and sent them several emails.  They never responded. I was audited by the State. They won't believe I only received $10,000. I have a long drawn out hearing in April. Continental Promotion Group scammed me. They wrote off $10,000, that they never paid. This sweepstakes was more trouble than it was worth. BEWARE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2010 10:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Promotional-Group/Tempe-Arizona-/Continental-Promotional-Group-SWEEPSTAKES-RIP-OFF-Tempe-Arizona-581180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Promotional Group