Complaint Review: Continental Services

• Reported By:june lake California
Continental Services
Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Continental Services Ripoff Almost Ripped Off Las Vegas Nevada

This morning, I received a call from Kris Williams from Continental Services regarding a credit card I had apparently applied for about 6 weeks ago - I have applied for cards recently, although thought it strange they would call me. He verified some information and I asked which banks/companies he was representing - Washington Mutual, Wells Fargo & Bank of America + others was his reply.

The 3 day holiday was mentioned, plus the $328 one time application fee - I thought that was a little steep - why should I pay that much to establish credit??? The final straw came when he suggested that I get a check and give him the routing number and account number over the phone. Common sense would suggest that you not give out bank account, social security numbers over the phone unless you have initiated the contact. I told him that was not appropriate and to send me an info packet and I would be more than happy to provide a voided check later.

He told me that was not how they did business - I asked if there was a number I could call to verify who the company was and continue with the process. Yet again more skirting around the question. He gave me a false number to call and that I would get their customer service center and they would email him the info. When i got off the phone I first tried the number he gave me - there was one number missing?? He called my cell phone so I called the last received number - no answer!! Thank god I am not so easily sucked in!! Never give anyone your details unless you have initiated the contact and it is a reputable company

june lake, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2004 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Services/Las-Vegas-Nevada/Continental-Services-Ripoff-Almost-Ripped-Off-Las-Vegas-Nevada-96584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Services