Complaint Review: Continental Van Lines

• Reported By: Ridge — Ridge New York
Continental Van Lines
67 New Hook Rd Ste #1B Bayonne, New Jersey United States of America

Continental Van Lines DO NOT USE - THEY WILL THREATEN YOU! Bayonne, New Jersey

My boyfriend and I scheduled a move with them and every response from them was sure, okay, no problem. we decided to go online and research any complaints they might have and sure enough, a bunch came up. more than usual fro any one company.

Nine this year alone and it's only March. When we called to question them about the complaints we found, they claimed it was for another company, but the phone numbers and the addressed were the same. They sent us boxes as part of their service to help us move and the boxes arrived via UPS.

We read more and more scenarios about them holding people's property ransom until they paid more money. We finally decided not to take the risk. The final deciding factor came when we called them to cancel their services. We told them we would pay for the boxes or return them. Gregor and Anthony were the ones we dealt with and using a lot of profanity, he asked what he was supposed to do with the boxes if we returned them so I said I would pay for them. He offered to text me a list of satisfied customers I could call. Oddly enough, all the area codes were local to their area AND the text had an identifier at the bottom stating they were members of the Better Business Bureau. After investigating with the BBB, we found that they are not members and have had 26 complaints with the BBB this year alone. When I told him we just wanted to cancel, he threatened me and said he knew my address and he was going to have someone come to my house and eff me up. Well all caution of using them was now confirmed. They ARE the same people who take your deposit, load your furniture onto their truck and won't unload it until you pay them what they want. This is why they do not deal with credit cards - cash only. Let that be your first red flag! They may quote you a low price up front, but beware! If you ever want to see your belongings again, DO NOT USE CONTINENTAL VAN LINES out of Bayonne, NJ and/or Brooklyn, NY!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2013 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Van-Lines/Bayonne-New-Jersey-11215/Continental-Van-Lines-DO-NOT-USE-THEY-WILL-THREATEN-YOU-Bayonne-New-Jersey-1037891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Van Lines