Complaint Review: Continental Van Lines

• Reported By: vickymlnn — Post Falls Idaho
Continental Van Lines
600 NE 28th Court Pompano Beach, Florida United States of America

Continental Van Lines They made money doing nothing! Pompano Beach, Florida

I had the worst experience with this company.  Unbeknownst to me they are a broker, not a moving company.  Having never had experience with moving where I didn't do it myself, I believed all they told me, including the necessity of putting down a $799.49 deposit.  The person I talked to gave me a very reasonable estimate, and once I put down the deposit told me he'd be my go-to person, would take very good care of me, etc.  I believed it completely.

A week before the move, someone else called to confirm everything and gave me an estimate of about twice the first amount.  I called back within an hour, but they were closed, so I left a message.  When they finally called me back the end of the next day, they told me I didn't give enough notice and their records showed I had called that same morning so I was just out of luck.  What???

Weeks later I finally contacted an attorney about getting my deposit refunded.  He had as much trouble with their communication system as I had - being transferred multiple times, being put on hold for long periods of time, etc - and the best they would part with was $150.  When I received the paperwork via email to sign, it stated (paraphrased) that they did nothing wrong and were just giving me that token amount to shut me up.  They made $650 for doing absolutely nothing.  I am told this is a common practice.  Don't waste your time on this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2013 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Van-Lines/Pompano-Beach-Florida-33062/Continental-Van-Lines-They-made-money-doing-nothing-Pompano-Beach-Florida-1040649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Van Lines