Complaint Review: Continental Vehicle Warranty

• Submitted: Fri, December 19, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, September 16, 2004

• Reported By:Owensville Missouri
Continental Vehicle Warranty
24955 Pacific Coast Hwy, Suite C303 Malibu, California U.S.A.

Continental Vehicle Warranty ripoff/deception Malibu California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: categorize person

*Consumer Comment: I love my Continental warranty

*Consumer Suggestion: Continental Warranty Questions

This company claims in its brochure that it offer motorists the following; Peace of Mind, Security, Protection, Convenience, Flexibility, Savings [BS] and Added Value!

Nothing could be further from the truth! They take a sign-on fee of $195 and monthly payments after that and when you claim, you the client pays ALL of the repair bill, either upfront to the repair shop or via monthly payments added on to your contract. This infomation is not made available on any printed information they send you during a 30 day guarantee. They pay peanuts to your claim, if not anything!

They are super savvy selling their business over the phone to you, but when crunch time comes, the Freedom [sic] warranty is worthless!

Their coverage is useless; they try to get out of just about everything they can! This company is all about taking motorists to the cleaners, together with their Plan Adminstrator and finance company. A three-way rip-off with contracts that are ambiguous and short on promises and customer service levels.

Neil
Owensville, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2003 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Vehicle-Warranty/Malibu-California-90265/Continental-Vehicle-Warranty-ripoffdeception-Malibu-California-75397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Vehicle Warranty

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

categorize person

AUTHOR: Tlexander - (U.S.A.)

i am sending this report because i call the warranty svc the same day that i talk to mrs teresa an told her that i didn"ty want to svc and she told me to fax the letter to her

i did the next day ant put a stop payment on the card and the 13 of sept they send the card to the bank i must say they good i foud ouyt vthe same day that this was not a good company that was why i put a stop payment on the cadr but my bank did not do their job and pay the card.

i realy woul like to see people like this be put away $249.00 is a lot money that i will not see in returned.

I love my Continental warranty

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

Someone named, Neil wrote in and seemed dissatisfied with his warranty coverage from Continental Warranty.

I for one, couldn't disagree more. I paid $1,488.00 for a three year, 36,000 mile service plan and not only had my air conditioner overhauled (and I need that feature more than the average person as I live in Las Vegas), but I had an entire transmission replacement on my Dodge Durango. My total financial commitment because of my warranty coverage was $100.00. Without the warranty I would have paid over $3,000.00, so I've already saved over $1,500.00, and I still have two years remaining on the contract.
I've already referred eleven people I know to Continental Warranty and plan to continue to do so. Each time I do, Continental gives me $40.00 in free gasoline.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Continental Warranty Questions

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I would like to ask a few questions to enable me to better offer advice or to determine if you have a valid complaint.

1. When did you purchase the service contract? day/month/year

2. How many miles have elapsed from the date of purchase?

3. What is the nature of the repair?

4. Dates of the last three oil change?