Complaint Review: Continental Warranty - Warranty Finance, LLC - WFC

• Updated: Wed, May 26, 2010

• Reported By: Vickie — Rigby Idaho USA
Continental Warranty - Warranty Finance, LLC - WFC
300 South Wacker DR Suite 2250 Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Continental Warranty - Warranty Finance, LLC - WFC Warranty Finance They have not covered items said to be covered in warranty. Chicago, Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Info of interest

I am a retired widow and when my husband passed away three years ago, I signed up with Continental Warranty, aka Warranty Finance, LLC.
At the time I was told I would be covered for everything front to back that was mechanical or engine related.  I tried to file a claim with them on my Celenoid pack and they said it wasn't covered.  They have not covered any problems I have had with my car, and when I called today, I was told they were out of business.
Original contract of $1870 has been paid in full, and now I am out that amount plus repairs to my car.
Hard to do on Social Security.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2009 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Warranty-Warranty-Finance-LLC-WFC/Chicago-Illinois-60606/Continental-Warranty-Warranty-Finance-LLC-WFC-Warranty-Finance-They-have-not-covere-502116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Warranty - Warranty Finance, LLC - WFC

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Info of interest

AUTHOR: Consumer - (U.S.A.)

I am a previous executive level employee of this terrible, terrible company.  Your warranty is not held by Warranty Finance, which is only the finance company.  It is also not serviced by the now defunct Continental Warranty.  It is managed by an administrator, either Royal Administration or Great American, depending on the kind of warranty you purchased.  You can tell which one it is by the account number, if it starts with a letter, it's Great American.  If it starts with a number, it's Royal.

Royal's website is http://royaladmin.com/ and Great American is http://www.greatamericaninsurance.com/

You should contact the administrator directly, with your warranty number, to ensure if the repair should be covered, it is.  The sales tactics were aggressive and often misleading, however the warranty is not a useless product.

My deepest condolences to you for all the trouble you're experiencing!