Complaint Review: Continental Warranty

• Submitted: Fri, October 10, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, December 05, 2008

• Reported By:Port Neches Texas
Continental Warranty
580 Walnut Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A.

Continental Warranty - Comprehensive Covererage - What A Joke! BEWARE - BE VERY CAREFUL!! Awesome saleman - Awesome scam artist! Warranty coverage far from comprehensive!! Cincinnati, Ohio

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: You're correct...

*Consumer Comment: Plase Explain.

*Consumer Suggestion: I agree

I ordered this warranty for my 2001 Honda Odyssey with 135000 miles on it. My salesman went over and over everything that it covered. I've had 2 major repairs since I purchased the warranty and neither was covered - a catalytic converter and the air condition compressor. When I called about coverage, they said only the engine, the transmission, and the water pump are covered. What a joke!!! Both of those are major parts. I would have thought if the a/c wasn't covered, at least the catalytic converter would be, it's engine related!! Obviously not. I spend way to much money to get the minimal coverage I have.

I immediately asked for a refund and I was told I would have to provide about a copy of my contract, proof of mileage, date I want the contract cancelled, and I could send if via mail or fax, then they would tell me how much my refund will be, according to the mileage and date of cancellation. I want a full refund. It's a joke!! BEWARE!! I should have checked the internet immediately. My salesman was excellent, and excellant scam artist. BE VERY CAREFUL!!

Jmartin
Port Neches, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2008 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Warranty/Cincinnati-Ohio-45202/Continental-Warranty-Comprehensive-Covererage-What-A-Joke-BEWARE-BE-VERY-CAREFUL-1031740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Warranty

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

You're correct...

AUTHOR: Former Employee - (U.S.A.)

You're correct, but there's another hidden agenda.

If Continental Warranty gave out sample contracts, then the whole "you have to put down a deposit now" thing wouldn't work as successfully. Looking at the paperwork is part of the "benefit" of putting down that deposit!!!

Anyone of course reading this that has questions, comments or concerns let me know via email.

Continental Warranty former employee

former8882440925@gmail.com

Plase Explain.

AUTHOR: Mike R - (U.S.A.)

How come you do not let you customers see the contract before they purchase the plan? Other companies do. And no, it is not a well formulated plan overview, but an actual contract. I talked to your company once, and that's what i was told. Luckily I went with the other company, and what do you know, the contract is the same that I got in the e-mail before I bought the plan. Word for Word. They called you for info, got bad info, and it is their fault. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I think the problem is that if you show people that contract before hand they would never buy it. Am I wrong?

#3 Consumer Suggestion

I agree

AUTHOR: M.k.z. - (U.S.A.)

Lonnie,

I agree that this customer's claim is not warranted. If he had thirty days to look over the agreement and failed to do so, then the surprise of the "non-covered" items are his fault, no one else.

However, when you state that for every complaint there are 50 happy customers, where is that from? That sounds like a "fact" and I would love to see where you found this bit of info from.