Complaint Review: Continental Warranty

• Submitted: Tue, March 14, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, March 14, 2006

• Reported By:Marion Iowa
Continental Warranty
24955 Pacific Coast Highway Malibu, California U.S.A.

Continental Warranty Ripoff told me I had won a brand new Land Rover Malibu California

on tuesday night approx 4:30 pm i recieved a call from a person saying "hi I'm caliing from land rover" then i cut the guy off and said i wasn't interested and hung up thinking it was a telemarketer, the phone rang again and it was the same guy on the phone and i said "I told you I wasn't interested and he very quickly said "im just letting you know you have just won a land rover in a drawing"? of course I replied "yea right" he said "no im serious" i say "whats the catch" he says no catch you just need to go down to the dealership on 34th street and pick it up, and again i say "whats the catch"? he says nothing you just have to pay the taxes and its yours. the problem is there is no land rover dealership on 34th street nor is there a land rover dealership in my whole town( Cedar Rapids, Iowa)before he got off the phone I asked him what i needed to do again and he replied just go to any dealership and pick up your new car,? no confirmation number? no nothing ?just go down to any dealership and pick up a $45,000 vehicle? right!!! then the phone line got quiet he was gone he didn't give me a name, no confirmation # nothing?
i have the number he called me from and when i call back to get info alls i get is a recording saying this is contiential warranty, asking me to enter a extension number or press 0 and wait to talk to someone i press 0 and the recording starts over again? can anyone help me figuring out if this is a scam or what steps i should take next?

ohh yea I did do a lengthy survey about land rovers recently ansewering questions about the land rovers and range rovers through a company called paid in-box dollars surveys, i wonder if its related?

Marion, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2006 06:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Warranty/Malibu-California-90265/Continental-Warranty-Ripoff-told-me-I-had-won-a-brand-new-Land-Rover-Malibu-California-181218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Warranty