Complaint Review: Continental Warrenty

• Submitted: Wed, November 26, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 04, 2008

• Reported By:Norwalk Iowa
Continental Warrenty
19401 40th Ave West Suite 400 Lynnwood, Washington U.S.A.

Continental Warrenty Where's My Refund???? Lynnwood Washington

*Consumer Comment: I agree and disagree!!!

I purchased an extended car warrenty plan from this company in November 2004. In July, 2008 I purchased a new car and was told that I would have a refund on the unused miles from my warranty plan and I contacted this company and was told by them to fax the form from the car dealership. In August, I called the company again to inquire about the refund and was told that I would receive it the first week in October. What????? It takes that long for a refund? When I called the 3rd week in October to find out where it was, I can't get ahold of anyone. Interesting. The phone number called says that they customer service phones are going through a remodel. As of this day, it still says that. The recorded message says to send an email to customer@continentalwarrenty.com and they will get back to you within 24 - 48 hours. They lie!!!!......no one calls, no one returns email and I have sent several emails. Now I feel that they knew the company was failing and that is why why they were telling me to wait until October. Never again will I purchase extended warranty from anyone except the car dealership.

Cheryl
Norwalk, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2008 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Warrenty/Lynnwood-Washington-98036/Continental-Warrenty-Wheres-My-Refund-Lynnwood-Washington-1028908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Warrenty

I agree and disagree!!!

AUTHOR: Mike R - (U.S.A.)

First of all, Dealerships are the biggest crooks out there. The always mark up the price 100% at the very least, I used to work for them. Just because you had a bad experience with this company does not mean that everyone in this business does it this way. As far as a refund, that should take a couple of months if you bought four years ago. As with any Warranty, or Insurance, you're not going to know how good a policy is unless you use it. Because of this you should check the reputation of the business before giving them any money. The Customer Service line being "reconstructed" or whatever it was is crazy. That should be the line that works before even the sales lines.