Complaint Review: Continental Who's Who

• Updated: Tue, September 04, 2012

• Reported By: Cheryl — Hudson New Hampshire United States of America
Continental Who's Who
33 West Hawthorne Street Valley Stream, New York United States of America

Continental Who's Who Scammed under false pretense to give money Valley Stream, New York

I received a random unsolicited phone call the other day from a woman claiming MY NAME was chosen "from hundreds of applicants" to be included in the 2012 Continental WHOS WHO. I declined, but have received several more call. So I decided today to speak with her on the phone. She said she needed to ask me some biographical questions to qualify me for this :huge honor". EH HEM!.yeah.........anyway.

Every question I answered was given a "great, wow, superb, excellent" by this woman. Basic stuff such as whats your profession, how long have you been in your current profession etc. .I asked her if I could have some time to research their organization so I could consider if it was for me. NONONO!!!!! We need to know right now because of the exclusivity of our program, you must make a professional choice...blah blah blah.I could have told her I was the royal s**t shoveler for the prince of Siam or the reincarnation of Jimmy Hoffa.....it would have been "perfect"!

I have a feeling they are running out of suckers in the industries they normally target and are now heading to the martial arts crowd. BE AWARE, they make it sound very nice, very exclusive and will play upon the ego making you think "wow, Ive been chosen for this honor"....oh yeah...all for the one time fee of  $849...... Now Im not one to shit on what someone else does, I could care less...but these organizations (pay to play) will RUIN your reputation, and damage the integrity of your martial art.

The real read flags were any thing I said was "absolutely great" and went w/o questioning... that I was not allowed to investigate them and had to "make a decision right now on the phone. All we need is your valid cc number".  Its one thing to belong to an organization, a hall of fame or paying minimal fees for the expenses of that organization to be covered. Its totally different to buy your way in, to sell awards and to risk damaging your good reputation by associating with these phoney's. CONTINENTALWHOSWHO.COM is their website. I checked out their member list.....um no!!!!!

This woman also told me that they were associated with Forbes magazine and CNN but "this information has not been made public yet"..."we will send them a press release announcing your inclusion to our Whos Who"....The entire rest of the conversation was her talking around her own bull crap. Pass this on......these groups are out to rob you of you cash.....there is no elite nature to them, they are nothing special. Its pay to play.....stay away!The best part is the ONLY people who will have access to or a copy of their WHO'S WHO "beautifully leather bound" copy of their member listing...IS THE MEMBERS WHO PAID TO BE IN IT! No one else sees it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2012 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Whos-Who/Valley-Stream-New-York-11580/Continental-Whos-Who-Scammed-under-false-pretense-to-give-money-Valley-Stream-New-York-936617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Who's Who