Complaint Review: Continental Who's Who

• Submitted: Fri, August 06, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, August 06, 2010

• Reported By: Brad Baker — Boynton Beach Florida U.S.A.
Continental Who's Who
33 West Hawthorne Ave Valley Stream, New York United States of America

Continental Who's Who Who's Who in American High Schools Threatened to not credit after calling SCAM Valley Stream, New York

Just emailed them this summary of my dealing with the company:

To whom it may concern,

I just spoke with someone at your office named Jerry Nelson. I had an issue with you sending me a package that was cancelled. I had called and cancelled the package after talking to a representative named Tina. My phone calls were not returned after I left 2 messages asking for the account to be cancelled just minutes after I spoke with Tina. I did this after Google'ing information on your company and found out that you aren't as reputable as she said. After this I sent an email to your company again requesting a cancellation of the order. Jerry Nelson called and left a message stating that the order could be cancelled after proof of my phone log was submitted. This was emailed to him and the request was granted. I then received the package a few days later (which was dated after my cancellation request..almost a week later). I then sent emails to request an adrress to send it back. These emails went unanswered for 2 days before I called today to request an address to mail it back. I spoke to Jerry Nelson and told him I needed an address for this package to go back. He gave me the address and I asked him how I wanted it to be shipped back. He then got rude and told me to take it to the post office. I meant signature confirmation, type of delivery, etc. I did not expect such a rude reply from a 'Sr Account Director' who is supposed to be my representative from your company. After getting rude with me, I told him that I thought the way you do business is a 'scam' After stating this to Jerry, he threatened to go down to the credit department and talk to them about issuing my credit. This is absolutely ridiculous. You had stated to me that I was being given a credit and I stated my opinion that I thought the ordering/cancellation process was 'scamlike' I asked him if he was threatening me and he proceeded to just say BYE and hang up the phone on me. I then called back and he answered and I asked for his name, he hung up on me again. He asked me why I needed it before he hung up. He then called me from a BLOCKED phone number (probably a cell phone or a line that you guys don't record/trace) and stated 'Someone just told me that you had called in asking for my name' I told him that it was him I had just talked to and that I needed his name because he treats people with no respect. He finally stated his name and called himself 'Sr Account Director' He referred to himself as 'my' Sr Account Director. I asked him why he threatened to not have my credit processed. He then stuttered out a statement that was totally contradictory to what he had said 2 phone calls previous. I just thought you would want to be aware of how he treats your clients. I guess since I am not becoming a member, I should be treated like dirt? Please remove me from all future contact. I want nothing to do with your company at all. I will be posting this on the internet as well so other people can understand the way you guys conduct business. I will also be emailing this to the emails I see to the right of this comment box. Thanks for your time and I hope that not everyone in the company acts like Jerry Nelson. He is a liar and I don't even think he knows what he says. I have all the voicemails saved stating that I will be getting credit back on my account so don't let Jerry go talk to the credit company like the way he threatened me to do so. Thanks for your time!

Brad Baker

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2010 09:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Whos-Who/Valley-Stream-New-York-11580/Continental-Whos-Who-Whos-Who-in-American-High-Schools-Threatened-to-not-credit-after-ca-629516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Who's Who