Complaint Review: Contingent Network Services

• Submitted: Fri, February 13, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 09, 2009

• Reported By:Fort Smith Arkansas
Contingent Network Services
10008 International Boulevard Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A.

Contingent Network Services No Pay, Lies about payment, Rude Cincinnati Ohio

*Author of original report: *UPDATE ..

*UPDATE Employee: No problems here.

*Author of original report: Contingent Network Services

Contingent Network Services is not paying for services rendered. I should have known this project was going to be bad from the beginning, Contingent did not ship all of the required parts the first time and required a second visit, in which some parts arrived, but others were still missing. The communication was non-existent. We had to call them to get status updates about the parts. When the second ticket was completed, I faxed in our first invoice as it stated on the ticket. I followed up one month later about our second invoice and the still missing parts and was told they no longer accepted (nice to know right?) faxed invoices and that I would need submit it through their new partner system, even thought their own mailings said it would not be required until 2009. So I sign up for a partner account and try to submit my invoices and I receive an email saying an account had already been created and I need to submit the invoices through that account, again, nice to know after the fact, so I submit the tickets. On 02/06/2009, 60 days later, 90+ days from the original date, I call about our invoices and the guy says they are going out on 2/13/2009 even though I said they were due on 02/06/2009 and he stuck to his statement so I said fine. On 2/13/2009 I called back and the same guy said oh they are going out next Friday, which made me angry. I asked to speak to someone else and he said there is no one else, I said you report to someone and he said "yes, but he has instructed me to tell you what I have already told you." I said we completed our part of the contract and it was due the previous week and that Contingent is breaking their part of the contract. He said "yes, and we appreciate it, but your check is going out next Friday and thought it was not 60 days the previous week." 12/05/2008 - 2/06/2009. He said they had already done a limited run of checks and ours was not one of them. As I continued to complain, he said "Ok sir, I am going to hang up now." and he hung up on me. I then immediately contacted my state Attorney General's office, the Cincinnati BBB, and then our business Attorney. I then emailed Contingent and informed them with whom I had spoken to and that if our check did not go out by the EOD, I will be contacting the Corporate Customer directly. I feel sorry for everyday Joe's that contract for this company trying to make ends meet in this economy. They want you to perform your end of the contract, but then they do not want to honor their part of the contract.

Mytech Computer Solutions
Fort Smith, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2009 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Contingent-Network-Services/Cincinnati-Ohio-45246/Contingent-Network-Services-No-Pay-Lies-about-payment-Rude-Cincinnati-Ohio-423860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Contingent Network Services

*UPDATE ..

AUTHOR: Mytech computer solutions - (U.S.A.)

You would be the exception, rather than the rule. Several people have had issues collection from the company. Also, it seems as though the larger the invoice, the longer it takes to get paid. My recommendation to other contractors is to be cautious when dealing with this company and avoid any T&M jobs unless the materials are less than what you can afford to do without for a while. In a slow economy, people should know about doing business with companies like contingent. This was not our first issue with pay from them, but it was the last.

No problems here.

AUTHOR: Dokfdoe - (U.S.A.)

I'm an independent contractor in Arizona that's worked for Contingent for several months and I've never had a single instance of difficulties collecting money from them. They've always (without a single exception) they've always been extremely professional and have always been a pleasure to deal with before during and after any project I've done with them and have paid within a maximum of 14 days of project completion. I work with many companies and Contingent shines above them all.

AUTHOR: Mytech computer solutions - (U.S.A.)

Our check has finally arrived for a project that started on 10/31/2008. Too bad I had to waste my time calling the Arkansas AG, Ohio BBB, and our Attorney and inform them that we would contact the company the project was completed for and seek payment from them. On a related note, I logged into our partner login account and received the following notice, "NOTE: Your profile has been changed to a Restricted status. What this means is as a Vendor with a Restricted status you will no long receive requests for work from Contingent Network Services due to negative feedback from our operations team. You can view this information regarding the change in status here in your Partner Care Center Portal. If you have additional questions or would like to contact someone concerning this change in status please email us at cpd@contingent.com."

Interesting, we perform the project perfectly, they delay payment and when I have to prove we will collect, we get a negative feedback. Ironic isn't it? We had already stated we would not be working any future projects for Contingent Network Services. My advice to other businesses or contractors especially, do not take contracts from Contingent Network Services. They rely on your professionalism to complete a project and then delay your payment for as long as they can get away with it.

amazing